Dumaguete Info Search

Question Mexican Restaurant Reviews Allowed?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Edward K, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    Altho Dustin has "closed" the "mexican standoff," i'd like to note that his "sticky thread" is from a year and a half ago. Life has moved on, we have moved on, people have moved, passed on, and moved here....

I'd like to suggest that with all the new restaurants opening, many quite good, that the owner be allowed to reply to questions / complaints, unless they post more than 5 a week (or ?)... That reviews be allowed, as many are already here. Maybe even allow some event announcements, keeping to one a week (?).. I like keeping it all in comments rather than showcase...

This board has helped me many times to learn more about Dumaguete, so lets keep it going. Might consider throwing a few pesos their way...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Were they not allowed to do that? I thought that rule only applied to Mexican restaurants. I won't take any moderator or admin action against a restaurant owner/staff for answering questions about their place, even if it is a Mexican restaurant. However, I won't remove any restaurants/businesses/words that are already on the censorship list or remove any restaurant owners with existing bans; if the new forum owner(s) wish to do so that is their call.

As far as my role on the forum; I still have moderator and admin privileges...but that could change tomorrow. As long as I'm in those user groups I'll try to keep the forum a civil place and go with the forum rules as they read now. I suppose this is what members and business owners should go by until new rules are put in place:

This is a subject that the new owner(s) should address. That is a business decision, not a moderator/admin one. I suspect some announcements/changes will be put out there soon enough.

@AndyG

3. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thanks Dustin, I agree with your comments - there's not a need to change much in my opinion but I can mention events have been discussed.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    Well ******** this say it all if you can read between the lines

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018