Dumaguete Info Search

Mike's Dauin Beach Resort

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Mikala, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Went to Mike's Dauin Beach Resort the other day for lunch after some buddies of mine told me the best Mexican food on the island is there. I ordered the Burrito Grande (chicken), Grandma's Potato Salad, while the wife ordered the BBQ chicken, fries and a side order of rice.

I was impressed. The burrito was good. Actually the best I've had in Asia! I've tried Mexican food in many different Asian countries and never been happy with the result. Of course it's not as good as burritos I've had in Mexico, but it was close enough for me.

The wife's BBQ chicken was moist and succulent. The fries were old and cold though. Worse yet, the rice and potato salad never made it, but the server offered to bring it after we'd finished the meal (though we declined). She duly removed those items from the bill.

Will I go back? Yes! Would I order the same thing? Yes! This time though I'll remember to remind the waitress to bring all the items we ordered in the same time period though! :smile:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17

Better try Gie Gie's Saturdays if you like Mexican food...also

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    He used to serve those chicken burritos at his shop on the Blvd back in the day. It was my favorite place to eat and Mike has a great sense of humor. I imagine the burritos are as good there as they were back in the good old days. I'll have to get out there one of these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. midway

midway DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    I spent the past wek at Mikes and was very happy with all of the food. The grilled tuna, chicken curry, and chilli cheese omelets were among the things I liked the best.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. midway

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    I decided that I would get my dive certification while I was on the Philippines on vacation earlier this month. After a bit of research I made reservations at Mikes Beach Resort in Dauin and completed the classroom portion of this online before I came to the Philippines in order to save some time.

Tom was my diving instructor and he did everything possible to accommodate my schedule in order that I could complete my certification and make it to a family reunion on Luzon. In spite of my demanding schedule they managed to get me through the practical portion of the padi course and get me to Apo Island for my final certification dive. I also had the opportunity to complete two additional dives at Apo on the same day.

I was overall impressed with all of the staff, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The dive staff was all very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The wait staff at the restaurant and bar were very friendly and exceptionally courteous. The food was also very good and I enjoyed every meal that I ate there.

My room was one of the deluxe rooms and had an awesome view of the sunrise coming up over Siquijor Island every morning. The maid service was excellent and the room was quite comfortable convenient as it was directly across from the bar where I had most of my meals as well as my morning coffee.

I fully intend to be back one day to do it again.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    How much was the room?? I have heard they are expensive ???

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    Here is Mike's web site with room rates. We go there for a getaway often. What is expensive for one staying on the beach may be considered affordable to others.
    Rates & Packages - Mikes Beach Resort

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Half the price of a cheezy room in Williston North Dakota 2 years ago. I'd call it a bargain. I don't dive, I'm happy just watching the video someone else makes.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. midway

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    I had the deluxe room down at the end with a great view of the sunrise. The rooms were pretty inexpensive, less than most of the other dive resorts I priced. I believe the room price was slightly over $80 a night.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I went to Mike, on Black Saturday (3-26-2016). There was about 90 people there, with many families and children. The food was great as usual, but there was something unique going on. Even with all the people there, it was quiet, not like many other places with screaming and yelling, kids running around like rabid dogs. There was no horseplay either... just the tranquil environment of the resort and ocean. As always Mike's Beach Resort show it has class and classy customers too. :happy: Mike has a very "people oriented" personality so it always makes for a nice visit there.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1