Dumaguete Info Search

Mike's Dauin Beach Resort

Discussion in 'Diving and Marine Life' started by RR_biker, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    A couple of friends of mine I made enthusiastic about the diving possibilities on Negros Oriental, more specific south of Dumaguete City. So finally they asked me to recommend a good place where they can stay together with their wives. I'm talking about 8 tourists who will stay for at least a week, thus occupying 4 bedrooms in a beach resort. This afternoon went to Mike's Dauin Beach Resort to have a look to see all about and if nice to make a reservation.
    What a disaster. Entered the resort around 3pm today and took a seat at a table between the pool and the beach. Three staff members were @the bar that moment, but obviously to busy with each other about.....that they didn't care about two new visitors to come to their table and take an order for a drink and some food. Well after 15 min. I gave it up. So my suggestion for the owner of this resort, do post a sign near the entrance like: walk-in visitors not welcome, please try your luck elsewhere. Anyway the staff will be happy they managed to keep away 8 future guests from the resort allowing them to have even more time to chat with each other or any kind of other occupation that has nothing to do why an owner is running this kind of business.
    Will inform my friends accordingly about my findings today. No need to say this is typical behaviour for a great number of resorts in this country. Very arrogant and ignoring customers. Well except for the PH there are so many more diving/beach resorts around the world where they show more interest to please customers.

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    John, Sorry you had a lousy experience at Mike's. Two unfortunate situations here: Firstly, Mike and his family are on vacation in California or that never would have happened; secondly, most of us that go there frequently will stop by the bar and order or tell the girls you will be ordering, given you pass the bar on the way to the tables you sat at. Some customers will go there and grab a table then go swimming in the sea or the pool before they order. It is a low key place and people make it known when they want to order. Still, the waitress should have went out and asked for your order.
    A lot of forum members frequent Mike's and enjoy it and are return customers. I am sure when Mike comes back, if you let him know what happened he would buy you some beers and try and make up for your bad experience.
    I am not defending the establishment, but being it is sort of my local pub, we take the baby swimming in the pool and the wife swims in the sea, and if your lunch is at least 200p there is no charge for use of the facilities, and it is only 10 min. from my house. That and given most people will tell you Mike is a great guy and runs a nice little resort, so I felt compelled to submit this.

3. vic

vic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had the opposite experience, very positive visit, and do not want to recommend it too highly for fear of it getting too busy there...............LOL..................been there twice now, and both positive experiences...........please do not tell them to keep walk in visitors out, because that will preclude me.............!!!!!!! I found the environment there very quiet and peaceful, the staff very nice and helpful, the food was fair, and the resident dogs there very friendly also............LOL:D

4. vic

vic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On another note, I thought that negative comments against Businesses is - "verboten" on this Forum ? for fear of being banned ?

5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I learned from the locals to just raise your right index finger, point your lips forward and blow PSSSSSSS Mam.......
    Then they come running. :D Just joking, I like Mike's.
    Ron

6. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0

i could say some members are doing it anyway even its written on the rules that no personal attach can be posted here in DI.
    there is a lot of way to contact the person and settle, and fix the problem done,...with no fearing of getting banned here.. as the member understand and agree with the rules..

as some person should knows what they sign and click before they become a member here..
    we give warnings.. we wait to let the other side answer,, if no answer.. (no reason to let it on... ) and we wait to let other side answer and give their feed back about the attack negative post,..

for that its about time to let DI forum out their personal problems like personal attack..

Cheers :smile:

7. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Just a few months ago My asawa and I, along with her Tito & Tita visited Mike's as walkins and found the staff were very friendly and accommodating. It was our 1st visit. We spent approx. two hours had lunch and a few cold smg lites. Although we did not avail ourselves of the pool and the sea(quite inviting) we had a very laid back and enjoyable visit. I would definately go back.

8. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Been a regular visitor to Mikes for two years and never had a problem. I'd really suggest u give it another try.

Hey everyone has bad days, the staff is friendly and laid back, not in your face and trying to push drinks down your throat.

I'd would advise any of my friends to stay there. True if Mike was there he's very hands on and think it wouldn't have happend.

But it's a great place, give it another try

9. RALPHHOGAN

RALPHHOGAN DI Member

Diver
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1
    I hardly think that waiting for 15 minutes poolside at a nice quiet oceanfront locale in Dauin qualifies as "a disaster". You said that the staff were "obviously busy at the bar". I bet if you approached you would have been tended to promptly. Since I live a km further down the beach we've never stayed there--but we have eaten there dozens of times. The pool/waterfall are beautiful, the prices are fair and we have always been happy there--The kids love it. I wish I could say the same about other places in the area.
    Your Loss !

10. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    My family & guests & i have had several excellent experiences at Mike's. I think that PatO's explanation above is the truth of it... In a laid-back place, you should indicate to the staff that you'd like service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.