Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Misc. Covid, Vaxx, etc,

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Possibly, but I thought Paul was using the black key white key playing together analogy. Whatever, likeable song.

• Like Like x 2
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    From the song, Ebony and Ivory’, “we learn to live when we learn to give each other to stay survive, together alive”.
    Theme = living together in perfect harmony.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I don't trivialise it - but I look at sample size. That's science.

However, now I have learned about the habit of glass sharing when groups drink alcohol I get it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I thought by posting here I get answers from anyone who wishes to reply.

I don't go along with that reasoning - people will congregate for a host of reasons. Are they going to confiscate playing cards, chess boards, spiders for fighting (yuk!), chismis, etc? The idiots will congregate whatever happens. One man met his mates while drinking and so the logic is to ban alcohol? It is their decision but rather pointless.

And they may use 65% alcohol for cleaning but can anyone come up with a figure for the level of alcohol which might inactivate a few virus particles in the mouth or throat? I was not, incidentally, advocating drinking as an anti-viral measure - I just mentioned it as possibly more of a help than a cause of viral spreading.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Who are you asking?

If you followed Cebu the reason is plain as day. An entire citio became infected when an isolated asymptomatic escaped and had a drinking session with his buddies. They tested his buddies three days later and all were infected. A few days later they tested their contacts and all were infected and everyone was asymptomatic. (Cue for Skipjack :wink:) It's an unpopular answer, but it's true.

And 65% alcohol is recommended for cleaning.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Is there a sound reason for this?

Is it better to enforce wearing masks rather than to cut off alcohol supplies? Might alcohol even be killing off some virus on its passage through the mouth?

Is this again just bad decision-making or have I missed something?

• Agree Agree x 2