Dumaguete Info Search

Modified GCQ

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by tis me, May 13, 2020.

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Maybe not as much as we think.

He does have the ability to close the ports. He did this in response to Manila sending sick people here. He is requesting that they pass a COVID test first before coming.

I do not think he has the ability to change the quarantine level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Went out again today. Many establishments open for dine in. More things back to normal. Do not despair, we are progressing, well as fast as can be expected here.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Happy Camper

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And if I remember correctly, President Duterte said time and again he wanted Federalism. Everything they are doing now has nothing to do with Federalism.

Another politician saying one thing and actually doing the opposite, who could have imagined that?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    In the UK many photos in newspapers of shoppers back out on Monday - big queues, very few face masks, packed closely together. I am expecting a new surge in cases but hope I am wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    The NIATF has confirmed NO bars/dining in open on GCQ, only 50% capacity on MGCQ, so where does that leave Gov. Degamo's 30% capacity allowance now? I feel another U-turn coming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Happy Camper

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've not heard or seen that, it was just last week that they came out and said that dine-in would be allowed in GCQ areas. But then again, I do realize where I am, and it seems much of the actions depend on what side of the bed they get up on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    as there are many and maybe too many regulations; at the end most people will not follow them. walk around the area, how many people are really wearing facemasks? clearly a minority. social distancing, let's say between Zamboanguita and Sibulan - a luxury behaviour for some, completely ignored by most. that's what I observe the last months. just surprising that the numbers of infections are not rising disproportionately. I visited a re-opened restaurant in Duma. Same number of tables like before the quarantine. A filipina told me that people of the Philippines have a special resistance against the virus. seriously. I start to believe that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Hey TC: In my observation in Duma and Val, I think mask compliance is generally closer to 80% to 90%, maybe we go to different places. Stores I use are "no mask, no entry" and I've only seen two people in the last three weeks in stores without a mask, and in both cases, the shopkeeper asked the person to "mask up" and they did so. Malls in Duma still today won't let you in without your proper day "pass."

Been in a couple of restaurants that do dine-in, and both were "half capacity" layout. The reason there are so few cases around, except in Cebu, I believe to be due to the isolation of the province in early march, so we seem to have avoided any large clusters. I seriously doubt any "special resistance," what about all the expats ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I can live with the current GCQ

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  10. Happy Camper

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Kind of difficult to catch what isn't there. The entire Province only has two active cases right now, one is in Bindoy, don't know where the other one, new front liner case, is at, not reported.

• Agree Agree x 2