Dumaguete Info Search

Money exchange

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by pfotoguy, Oct 6, 2014.

1. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Does anyone know if you can change pasos into dollars at Manila airport? Banks want all kinds of paper work

2. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Yes its possible to change pesos to dollars(any currencies) at the airport they only require your passport and no other question..

3. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Yes especially at the airport... For sure...The rates will be fair enough and safe enough....Been cheated/robbed while changing money on the streets before, but never at an airport exchange kiosk...

4. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    If you want to have it change(peso to dollar) here in dumaguete without any BS..you can buy dollars at Optimum exchange or PM me if you need some assistance for bigger transaction.. Local banks usually requires a flight ticket, Purchase order and etc when you want to buy and also they have a minimum amount..

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    As with other answers yes you can but just a word of caution, As far as I can Remember the exchange booths are in the Secure area, depending on How much you want to change you will have to be secretive about it. There is a maximum you can take out of the PI as well as bring in, should you pass through passport Control and then get searched, make sure you do not have more that 5.000 peso on you. they may try and say you are trying to export peso before you have chance to exchange it. Just a heads up here my friend.

You may Bring in 10.000p but only take out 5.000.p

We certainly do need to be One step ahead

JP:worried:

6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Thanks Jack, I didn't know it only 5k out. I in fact carried 6.6k out last time in error, after paying the 500php airport fee.

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
  8. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107

CONTROL, They, along with every other country in the world wants to know where all the money is so that when they decide to have a "wealth tax", they can simply take it out of your bank account.

I know it sounds preposterous, but look at what the IMF has been saying for quite sometime and it has had small test seizures in Cyprus.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfre...he-groundwork-for-global-wealth-confiscation/

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :o:o I stand Corrected on this ( Thank You jimeve) they have raised the Out Figure to 10.000p in line with bringing it in. :deal: jim's link tells the Story
    JP

10. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Currency Export regulations:

Taken from the airport website this Morning.

''Exporting currency...''
    Residents and Non-residents: local currency (Philippine Peso-PHP): up to PHP 10,000.-. Exceeding amounts require authorisation from the Central Bank of the Philippines. foreign currencies : up to USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent. Amounts exceeding USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent must be declared.