Dumaguete Info Search

More leaving than coming?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by garbonzo, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Funny enough, my pinay wife is now more bothered about the howling dogs and bloody cockerels then I am when we are in Duma..mind you, she cannot get around my loud snoring either. Karaoke is getting to my nerves sometimes, especially when the singer is absolutely crap yet he/she thinks is the next American x factor god, if they are good I shout my appreciation else I boo them...if one cannot win them, join them!!

2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Carcar is pretty famous for its Chicharon,, maybe we been missing the point thinking its all "Baboy"

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Maybe it's "Chico" ron.

Larry

4. luvdox

luvdox DI Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    I couldn't agree with you more. I grew up in Basay just a few towns away east of Duma with 6 dogs at a time. Must say that our dogs were never chained nor caged. They were free to roam on our property and I remember we had fun times swimming with them on the beach - our house was literally just a few feet away from the water. Family had since left Basay in 1999 but my recent visit to Negros and seeing many starving dogs on the streets is really disheartening. We have two mini doxies here in Texas that we treat like our own kids. And the thought of us moving to Duma with the dog situations there really bother me. Am sure I could not change the people's culture overnight but showing them how we care may change their old mentality..... maybe. So, anyone ready for a dog meet-up in the future? Just sayin'......

5. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Starving dogs accompanied by their owners, or ownerless dogs that are just running loose?

6. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I would especially like to congratulate all the owners who bought all them cute little puppy's for their kids and when "Rover" tore the couch up or chewed the carpet you very thoughtfully brought "Rover" up the mountain where i live and turned him loose as well as all the unwanted little "Kitty's"O-|