Dumaguete Info Search

More Nonsense from the LTO!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jack Peterson, Apr 1, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Now this makes sense. As long as it is overseen Properly. A good Procurement Department could soon get things moving and as long as the bid Process is honestly Followed it may and I say may, even turn out at a realist cost & delivery time but..............................:sneaky:

JP :bag: :smuggrin:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Obviously this is going to take some time to sort out, I should imagine a lot of people have paid the extra p450 already when renewing their reg, we kept all the receipts from the lto when we paid in February this year as I wouldn't be surprised if we get asked again to pay in a few years time!

3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Davy we have all been here long enough to know that Things get mislaid and/or lost when the mood takes. So maybe buying a Scubber Outfit may be in order, unless you got pretty big Lungs to hold that breath :roflmao:

I know it is not funny but....................if you don'y larf you will cry:wink:

JP :bag: :banghead:

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    [​IMG]Still haven’t received your license plates? Disgruntled employees from the Land Transportation Office (LTO) may be behind it.

In an interview last week, LTO spokesperson Jason Salvador expressed the agency’s suspicions that delays in the release of license plates weren’t due to any shortage in supplies, but due to “sabotage” from within the the LTO’s ranks.

“In the course of the license plates standardization program, we’ve been encountering several challenges from within and from the outside. One is the perceived deliberate delay in the ordering,” Salvador said, in a phone interview

Read more: License plate delays caused by sabotage by LTO ranks | Motioncars
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

It just gets better and better :biggrin:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Dave I hazard a guess that this is what the majority of have always thought.
    Thing is though who is holding all the money paid in?

JP :bag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago on Friday urged his colleagues to probe the inferior quality of newly-issued license plates amid reports that some of these failed the flood stress test.

The senator, in a press statement, said that more due diligence should be exercised by the government in selecting the manufacturers contracted by agencies.

“It is imperative for the LTO (Land Transportation Office) and DOTC (Department of Transportation and Communications) to provide car plates that can withstand flood and other usual road hazards, especially since the country is vulnerable to typhoons,” Santiago said.

The senator cited in her resolution, set to file Monday, the complaints of car owners and motorists such as a bent license plate after the vehicle owner drove through only knee-deep flood waters and a license plate found on the street after it was loosened by flood waters.

More from: Miriam wants probe as floods bend LTO’s new license plates | News | GMA News Online

Another post that maybe should be in the humour section,they only get better :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You shouldn't be driving through knee deep water in a passenger car or a motorcycle in the first place. And "only knee-deep".....how deep of water are they wanting to drive through? Are these plates for cars or submarines?

8. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    just a question as I am trying to understand how this affects us.....uor little Suzuki van is due to renew its registration in September........we pay the new rego fee....are we supposed to get new plates...?? or do we still use the old plates......??

9. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Just use the old plates until the new ones arrive,don't expect to see them anytime soon though.
    Seems to me if you buy a car or bike on Cebu or Manila you get the plates as have seen several around Dumaguete.
    My question is how are we supposed to know if we do get them?

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    You will probably be charged for new plates but not receive them, this happened to me and millions.

• Agree Agree x 1