Dumaguete Info Search

More Nonsense from the LTO!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jack Peterson, Apr 1, 2015.

1. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    thanks fella's.... was not sure to give up the old plates or not.....would feel more secure keeping the old plates until.....or if the new plates ever come

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think you know the answer to that. Go back and check weekly/monthly and be told "out of stock, sir".
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436584802,1436584631][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If they make you hand over the old plates (because they issued you a new plate number) you might be SOL and be forced to turn it in....and you might be better off doing that instead of driving around with the wrong plate number. As long as you have the receipt showing you paid for the registration/plates you won't have any problems at checkpoints. Just make sure you keep that paperwork in your vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Certainly will not be wasting my time chasing them down,might mention it next year at the smoke test!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    A lawmaker on Sunday called for the immediate suspension of the Land Transportation Office’s P3.8-billion contract for new license plates as Congress probes the supposedly substandard quality and the questionable awarding of the deal.

Aside from suspending the payment to the contractor, Isabela Rep. Rodolfo “Rodito” Albano III also wants either President Benigno Aquino III or Transportation Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya to suspend the LTO officials who approved the allegedly spurious contract, and refund the motorists who have purchased the plates for P450.

In an interview with dzBB radio, Isabela Rep. Rodolfo “Rodito” Albano III shared his belief that the bidding must have been rigged at the onset to favor the joint venture Power Plates Development Concepts Inc. and Dutch firm J. Knierem BV-Goes because the agency turned down the bids submitted by six other firms even though they offered lower

More from: Solon wants LTO to suspend license plates deal, refund motorists | News | GMA News Online

Something doesn't add up here,the licence plate production was given to a Dutch company,it makes me wonder why they cannot produce the product as EU company's are usually above board and up front!
    And can anyone believe any government ph office will refund our p450 which many have paid up front?

5. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Blimey! Had a txt from lto,my new licence plates have arrived for the car. I suppose 5 months ain't bad for them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :roflmao: Make sure they are real Davy and got the right Fixing Bolts, I don't want to be bringing you Jollibee Burgers soon to the Cop shop, but will organize a whip round for the bail. :thumbsup:

JP:biggrin:

7. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The txt said bring copy of o/r,c/r so when the wife gets there she got sorry ma'am you need bring the origionals! Good job I wasn't there.

8. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    You know Davy, you just couldn't invent the Cock ups they make.:wtf: but as we said earlier somewhere just who is trusting who in this country, they have had your money 5 months, Did you Moan, Nah! deaf ears mate, always. :stop: but wait, for me I would have threatened Interest of 5 months. the look on the faces would have been worth it.:roflmao:

JP :pompus:

• Like Like x 1
  9. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Well at last after two more visits to the lto I've got the plates now, they actually do come with two packs of bolts and a sticker which needs to be stuck on windscreen on right side. So no more yearly stickers now.
    The bolts have heads which shear off when you tighten them,maybe you can't tamper with them from the front but the nut at the back could be unscrewed very easily.

Anyone waiting on plates might need to go to lto and check if they are in as there was a pile of them in there.

• Informative Informative x 4
  10. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    That's the thing here. They say to bring the *original copies* which is in itself nonsense. You can't be an original and be a copy at the same time. But as often their grasp of the English language is fairly poor as is their grasp of simple concepts and thinking for themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1