Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: More requirements for foreigners to marry fillipina

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There is a law already in place for this but again it's only enforced to foreigners! There have a few cases since I have been here and part of that law is withholding monies from the woman, it's a very general law to protect women.
    A few guys just up and left.
    This is a huge problem here as any woman at any time can file this and the foreigner will be locked up for a minimum 12 hours then released, then the bullshit starts.

Ra no 9262
    2. Deprivation or threat of deprivation of financial resources and the right to the use and enjoyment of the conjugal, community or property owned in common

• Agree Agree x 6
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The amount of single women here is unreal, many we have asked over the past few years where is your husband. Always the same answer, he left with another woman. Does he support the kids, not a hope in hell!
    Most foreigners who are long term here who are married settle with the same girl and get married and have kids or even bring up their partners kids. But never does this government see this side of the coin.
    Maybe they should take a look at their marital laws before enforcing more bullshit laws on foreigners again!

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I know several foreigners here who support their x wife/partner on a voluntary basis and know one also who pays $2000 month to support his kids,he also bought a house for her.
    It bugs me when this country cannot see beyond the end of their nose or pretend not too see what is really wrong with their system.
    Maybe we should send mr president to a western country for a while and send him around a few government offices like the csa (child support agency) in the uk.
    If you don't pay there they will directly deduct from your wages or put a tie on your house if you own one. I'm sure someone told me in the u.s you can go to jail if you refuse to pay for your kids or support your x wife.
    These young lads who get these girls pregnant need to learn some responsibility but that's not going to happen any time soon due to most being mummy's boys.
    It's the women here who keep the family going and manage the money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Restricted Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,221 / 1,090
    :shifty: One day, there is going to be a Foreigner with deep enough Pockets to take this Government to task on these blatant Anti Human Rights Issues. What is good for one is good for all, :whistling: Mr President has Forgotten (proud Filipino that he is) just what he signed up for when telling the World, "Look what I have done for my people" they now have Human Rights But it's not open to Foreigners.:smuggrin:

JP :bag: :whistling:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    The way i se it this will only lead to people just living together and the children from these relataonships will the ones disavantaged. I have had many expats say to me why get married in a country that has no divorce.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Restricted Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,221 / 1,090
    LOL No it is a standing joke in this House, I often tell them that I will take her to the Bookshop by The BOI and swap her, That way I can get a new one each Extension,

She didn't get it at First but things get easier to explain if I draw Pictures. :blackeye: Not sure I need the retraining issues now though:jawdrop: Devil you know springs to mind.:singing:

JP:bag: :cigar:

• Like Like x 4
  7. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I should think they need to look at more local men who marry fillipina as they are the ones that usually run off after they hear the word pregnant!
    There are good and bad in all cultures I know but I think we all know why fillipina girls like to marry foreigners apart from financial security!

In line with this, the measure seeks to amend the current Section 21 of the Family Code of the Philippines by adding the following: “...when the male contracting party is a foreigner, in addition to the certificate of legal capacity, a certificate of good moral character and a certificate of gainful trade, business, employment or other lawful source of income issued by his diplomatic or consular official, must be submitted before a marriage license can be obtained.”

Read more: More requirements for foreigners to marry Filipinas | Cebu News, The Freeman Sections, The Freeman | philstar.com
    Follow us: @PhilstarNews on Twitter | philstarnews on Facebook

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. gord

gord DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor

businessman
    Ratings:
    +155 / 13
    lol, I am not a stupid man , but I certainly can do some stupid things sometimes.

• Like Like x 3
  9. gord

gord DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor

businessman
    Ratings:
    +155 / 13
    Just read about a this new law being enacted in the Philippines that will make it harder for a foreigner to marry a Filipina so I dug out an archived article No Divorce in the Philippines? - Your Life in the Philippines
    that maybe opens the question to whether we should even bother? Personally I am happy to have gotten married to a woman I love , but wonder if I was facing that decision today , would I have made the same choice? (and whether I would have been even allowed to make that choice)
    I subsequently made the mistake of bringing this topic up with my lovely wife, and further compounded my misery by pointing out that her dad, who has a second family with several kids, (and supports neither family) maybe should have been held to the same standards as foreigners are now been asked to meet.

Rough night in paradise:banghead:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,221 / 1,090
    Davy he did this only Last Year, at a massive multi-million (Billion?) cost to the PI, he went to Brussels (Maybe not the best place to go but at least he learnt how to Fiddle legitimately) he obviously Learned a Lot and has Forgotten most of it as he now still plays his own Fiddle. With the greatest Respect Mr President "You can't Fix Stupid"
    and even a snail will Turn. :cautious:

JP :bag: :whistling:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1