Dumaguete Info Search

More requirements for foreigners to marry fillipina

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by DavyL200, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Commitment. A word sadly missing from many Locals Vocabulary,
    Whilst the posts we are seeing now tell in depth of our views on marriage, for me, I would like to see some statistics pro-rata Foreigners v Filipino on the % of failed relationships and those that do not Honour the Commitments made. We know do we not, that we as Foreigners, will Honour the situation and those in Power know this to be the case and Yet Still, they choose not to offer some sort of guarantee to a local Girl marrying a Local man, meaning that he does not have to provide any information as we do, in relation to supporting his Wife.

Words fail me as 2 of my Nieces recently have had their Husbands walk out of the marriage with out Batting an eyelid. Both Straight into other Relationships.
    Somewhere they ( the Administration) are getting this wrong.
    When (IF Ever) are those in Position going to Look to their own for Once? :geek:

JP :bag: :pompus:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andrew

Andrew DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Indeed. Balance, tolerance, patience. Funny how all these things need to be learnt! Perhaps it is because divorce is not an option here that couples accept exactly what you have said and are more prepared to 'work things out' and sometimes agree to differ as opposed to throwing in the towel? I kind of get that vibe from my wife anyway. Sure we might [both] sulk for a day or two, but ultimately there is mutual respect even if a hairy ape like me will never fully understand the fairer sex?
    The mind boggles...x

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think there is plenty of that coming from both foreigner and Filipino. :wink:

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Can I ask in relation to What exactly? my Commitments to my family have never altered, ( Well Sober anyway!) I am all too sure, yours have not either.

The one thing we can be sure off Dustin, is IF you have anything to say you will say it.:wink: I mean you created a Forum just for that! :sneaky:

Jack. :bag: :cautious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Andrew

Andrew DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Those in committed relationships will be offended at any suggestion otherwise. Those not so committed won't.
    If we were all the same, life would be very uneventful.x
    (There will always be those who need to be 'committed' in the institutional sense of the word!!) haha:wacky:

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    :wacky: Bin there Done that, Dint like it so came here, sometimes same thing but it's Warm and Cheap beer but do miss my Guinness [​IMG]

JP:wideyed: [​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    At nearly 4 quid a pint jack?

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I didn't mean you personally but there are likely just as many cheating expats as there are Filipinos (just ask any Filipina). I have been cheated on and I have cheated. I wouldn't do that now though.
    .....and I said what I thought before I ran the forum. :wink:

9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    That is what we ( most and Certainly Those still here) Liked about you and why it did not take long to Accept the change.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Hmmm so I will stick with my SMB [​IMG]

:cigar: