Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Motorcycle Type and Dealer

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by AlwaysRt, Feb 24, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hmmm, wonder which of you is the average customer and which is the lucky/unlucky one.

I talked to them yesterday about installing risers and adjusting the handlebars for a more upright riding position. We finally got it figured out and in popped the "You know Sir, this will void the warranty." Probably should have started with that little number as you can't ride the dang thing until you own it.

2. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Was hoping to run into you today and talk more about your bike. I The guys in front of us got all the taco/fajita shells so I switched to a burger.

3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    somewhere in the fine print, actually riding the bike will likely void the warrantee.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I was out yesterday for the first half on a family day. I heard how we got swamped unexpectadly early afternoon and also how our business gas can ran dry as well. Business seems to be picking up heavy on the weekends but adjustments are being made.

If want to chat about my bike drop me a message when you'll be by and I'll try and make sure I'm around. I'm usually around though unless needing to make a run for business needs or if a good movie is showing.

Funny how the warranty thing works. Only the engine is under warranty even 5 seconds after you buy it. They can make all sorts of non engine related adjustments but somehow it always voids that engine warranty. Not like you can actually get them to do anything on the engine unless the entire thing is fully 100% defective and they couldn't fix it for you to drive out the store the moment you bought it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I thought the Rousers were better quality than the average, outside of the seal problem mentioned but almost all manufacturers drop the ball like that sometimes. When I buy something cheap/inexpensive, I usually consider it buying a kit form and the factory only did a trial fit when they assembled it. Same thing whether it is a 4.5 inch angle grinder or a motorcycle. While not thrilled with the quality of the inexpensive stuff it can often be made to work if you totally disassemble or have it done and reassemble in a much better manner. Route the wiring harness so it isn't pinched, replace cheap spade connectors with appliance grade with dielectric grease or sealed. Dielectric grease in switches. Cables lubricated. Bolts and screws removed loctite'd and reinstalled to proper torque. Lubricate everywhere that needs lubrication because you know they didn't do it at the factory. Replace whatever fails with a better part where possible. And after all this, it still won't be as good, as long lasting as the major brand. But it will work and be a lot less likely to leave you walking. At wages there it would even be reasonably priced.....If you could find someone who would take such care. And maybe 1 time in 10 you get a lemon that nothing will help.

6. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My mind is 99% made up, comments positive and negative are welcome, thanks.

Honda XRM 125 Motard (comes with front and rear disk breaks), replace rear sprocket with 10% larger sprocket, aftermarket air intake and exhaust (better air in and out since the sprocket change will result in higher rpm, not louder), add 1" of foam to the seat. Total cost of upgrades should be p3,500-ish.

Why? I rode my rented XRM a little past Siaton yesterday (120km round trip) and had the following thoughts:
    1)80kph seems like it is fast enough speed for the road conditions and matching other drivers
    2)A bigger bike would be a more comfortable ride and more comfortable at higher speeds but reaction time is reduced for both road conditions and other drivers.
    3)The seating position on the XRM works for my back although my butt was complaining after an hour and a half or so (hence the seat upgrade)
    4)stock power was fine on this trip so the limitation seems to be in steeper elevations like are found in Valencia (hence the sprocket change)
    5)90% or more of my riding is in city limits anyway and the small frame of the XRM is great for maneuverability in traffic and parking
    6)If I ever do want to cruise the Philippines I will get another bike more suited specifically for that purpose
    7)If I do decide to take a longer trip there is nothing wrong with taking my time and enjoying it. After all, I am very rich in time. What does it matter if a trip takes a week instead of two days?

Thanks,
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I totally agree with everything you said but would add one thing. Since my XRM was stolen and the cops told me how many of them do get stolen and neighbors actually showed me how easy they are to steal, I would get one of those GPS locating devices to hide on the bike. It means if the bike is stolen you can trace it from your smartphone.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Or Globephone? :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Was that here in Duma? Or weren't you in Cebu before? Where can I find one of those GPS trackers?

10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Yes, right in front of Casablanca as I was eating with 2 huge Harley riding dudes and an armed guard at the door. The XRM was parked just out of sight around the corner of the building and it was stolen and never recovered. Happened about 9 months back.

If I got another valuable bike I would do my darndest to get the GPS tracker in this link
    CDR KING
    But with the cheapest Rusi on the market (that I now drive) it seems unlikely that anyone would want to steal it.