Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Motorize Boat Maker

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by bouglez, Apr 10, 2018.

1. mirohu

mirohu DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    My boat is stored on a beach very close to my house, I take the engine and interior contents out when it is parked. The canopy keeps is mostly dry and clean when stored. A boat could be locked using a chain or cable. I don't see any boats my size moored and would stand a good chance of being damaged in high surf if left in the water. Another thing to consider is getting the boat in and out of the water. Today I built a bamboo rack to set the boat on that can slide over other bamboo across the sand, one person to get it into the water, two people to push it out of the water and up the angle of the beach without any lifting, otherwise it takes 4 strong people to carry the boat into the sea without damaging the bottom paint, prop and rudder. Having to carry the boat was the biggest limitation on using the boat.
    Fishing boats seem to be stored everywhere here but have not seen anything that resembles a marina or organized boat storage.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Hi Sir and thanks for the advice, I did not realise that Ply gives off gasses but that makes sense to me, from what I have read so far it would appear that concrete does stop Termites and they can only get through it using the exit point for the drainage and feed in points for water, maybe a complete slab with none of these would go part way to stopping them if the entry and exit points went through the wall and to include physical and chemical barriers around the house?

Building on stilts I also understand but to do this and then use the likes of Mahogany for the floors would add a lot of expense and also be more labour intensive, it would still need concrete under it to make use of the space, I am looking for a way to do 80 to 90% of the work myself with perhaps the help of my Father in Law and only hire in Pinoy help for the concrete slab, I have even looked at Smart homes in Luzon they are well insulated prefabs but as yet they have not got back to me, probably because I asked them for a bespoke design? so at the moment I am still looking for other alternatives to building with CHB and the usual storage heater house, but thank you once again for that sound advice.
    Dave