Dumaguete Info Search

Mount mayon eruption

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    Almost seriously, the fact that they are not waiting for level 5 proves that the Philippines has moved ahead by leaps and bounds in the efficiency of the government agencies, concern for the general population, and ability to plan. We all know that this evacuation violates everything the Philippines stands for in government services and planning, and execution. I feel for the evacuees and hope that this eruption does not cause any fatalities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Because they don't want anyone stealing their stuff.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The people of Cagsawa must have been thinking the same thing.

4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    I grabbed this story from Facebook. I really don't know who the NPA think they are helping.

We Support AFP
    January 24 at 7:24pm ·

LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines — A soldier was wounded in an ambush staged by New People’s Army (NPA) rebels in Guinobatan, Albay on Monday.

Personnel of the 83rd Infantry Batallion were on a military truck on their way to Barangay Doña Mercedes in Guinobatan, Albay to evacuate residents after the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology raised Mayon Volcano’s alert level to 4 when they were waylaid.

Pfc. Gilno Canuel was wounded in the exchange of gunfire, which also left several NPA guerrillas wounded, Senior Inspector Malou Calubaquib, Bicol police spokesperson, said.

Guinobatan police officers set up a checkpoint along the provincial road in Barangay Tinago following the incident.

“I am appealing to the NPA to help us bring the evacuees to a safe area,” Cedric Daep of the Albay Provincial Security and Emergency Management Office told a press conference yesterday.

The Army’s 9th Infantry Division is helping evacuate residents affected by Mayon Volcano’s eruption.

2 NPA rebels held

In Agusan del Sur, two NPA rebels with pending warrants were arrested in La Paz town on Monday.

Crisanto, 63, and Blim, 25, both surnamed Mondejar, were arrested based on warrants issued by Agusan del Sur Regional Trial Court Branch 6 Judge Kimal Salacop on Nov. 23, 2017.

Chief Superintendent Noli Romana, Caraga police director, said they have intensified their campaign against persons with pending warrants under the Philippine National Police’s Manhunt Charlie.

‘Pure hogwash’

As this developed, the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) turned down President Duterte’s call for them to surrender.

“Duterte’s call for the NPA to surrender in exchange for cash, housing and jobs is pure hogwash,” the CPP said in a statement posted on its website.

The government is intensifying its efforts to entice more rebels to surrender to make it appear that the NPA is weakening, the statement added.

Source:
    https://goo.gl/thgfpf
    Duterte Poreber

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    That is really ridiculous. And sad at the same time. I know I am stating common knowledge, but the only thing that gives the communist a foothold is poverty. As we all know, the depth and breadth of poverty here is unbelievable. I know things will not change in our lifetime as the greed continues and is alive and well. We all should help in the little small ways we are able but it is a grain of sand on the beach and, as said, will not be made better in our lifetime I'm afraid.

• Agree Agree x 4