Dumaguete Info Search

movies during lockdown

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Kiwi Dave, May 17, 2020.

1. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Here is another classic biker's movie. Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary in 1972. Budget was $313.00 but it is good.
    From Wikipedia:
    On Any Sunday is a 1971 American documentary film about motorcycle sport, directed by Bruce Brown. It was nominated for a 1972 Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.[1][2] Brown tried to show the unique talents needed for the different forms of racing. For instance, the motocross riders were typically free-spirited types, while desert racers were often loners. In Grand National racing, Brown showed widely differing personalities, such as the business-like approach to racing displayed by Mert Lawwill versus the carefree approach that David Aldana became known for.[3]

In addition to Lawwill, Steve McQueen is featured in the film, along with Malcolm Smith and many other motorcycle racers from the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Motorcycle brands featured in the film include Triumph, Montesa, Husqvarna, Harley Davidson, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, BSA, Bultaco, and Hodaka.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I always enjoy the Thin Man Series with Powell and Lloyd, also any Bogart films.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I think he is already there - and a member of this Forum, though quoting a much younger age. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I know but thought it was a secret

• Funny Funny x 1