Dumaguete Info Search

How to Moving to Dumaguete and buying or renting a house

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by scrollman, Jul 17, 2019.

1. IggyPop

IggyPop DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    That's not entirely true.

There are rich people who choose to rent and have their money invested elsewhere, whether it is real estate or other investments.

There are also poor people who own but are struggling to pay the mortgages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Don't forget that most properties for sale do have way too high rated prices on them while rentals are still rated on a much lower property price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Buying a house is mostly a “buyer’s market” because you can negotiate the price you are willing to pay regardless of the asking selling price. In most cases the seller will lower the price because not enough buyers, particularly, for houses 10m +. Selling a house is also a ‘Buyer’s market” and mostly a lengthy process. Foreigners coming here are often reluctant to fork out the money for a house in their partner’s name or don’t have the funds or desire to purchase. Takes luck to sell a house. My personal experience.

4. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    From the point of view of a Filipina, I advise that you rent first and decide later when you want to buy your own house. Never buy on impulse as you might not like the place and regret later. Rent can be as high as Php 15,000.00 a month but there are houses that are rented out for less than that. You can search for this in BID FOR ME on FACEBOOK-----there's plenty of houses for rent there-----choose the ones with good location.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1