Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness MRI at Provincial Hospital

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, Mar 13, 2012.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Silliman Hospital does not have an MRI machine so the neurologist gave me an MRI prescription and sent me to Provincial Hospital for an appt.
    Cost as follows:
    Silliman neurologist = 400
    MRI = 5152
    MRI doctor = 582

Total cost = 6134 (more cost to follow when I return to neurologist.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Turns out there is a + and a - on this. While Provincial Hospital has a nice Hitachi MRI machine (one with open sides so you are not climbing into a d*mn casket), there is no doctor at the hospital to read the results before they will give me a print out, the doctor is located in Cebu and apparently this is a low priority for him so still waiting for results. They said maybe Saturday but my neurologist doesn't work Saturdays so this procedure will turn into a four day event.
    As many suggested on this forum, anything serious or immediate care better head to Cebu or Manila.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Anyone who goes to NOPH needs to have their head examined (MRI).

:wink:

Larry

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I did. lol (maybe)

5. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    PatiO,
    Did they happen to tell you the name of the doctor who can read the MRI...AND what hosp[ital in Cebu he is affiliated with?
    Thanks. Don

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Don, they told me Thursday after the MRI that they would text me Friday am when the photos are ready. Same old same old, no text so I called Friday early afternoon and they said all back later. Called back later and they said the doctor in Cebu hasn't been able to read the results yet, maybe Saturday. Of course I had to pay the doctor fee (582p) up front. Not sure who or where the doctor is from. Not good in my case.

7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I had a full body bone scan at Doctor's hospital in Cebu. They gave me a shot at 9 in the morning, did the scan at 1 PM, and I received the results at 3 PM the next day in person. They would have charge me mailing cost if I want it mail. The cost was about 6700 P. They gave me the report to give my doctor. I am not sure if this is the same a the MRI you are addressing here. The system was open, no casket like apparatus. It was painless as I fell asleep while it was going on. I think it was about 1 hour.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Hang in there Pat! I hope it isn't serious!

9. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    PatO,
    Thank you.
    Since I'm going to Chong Hua on Tuesday am, I will just inquire of the Oncologist I'm going to see at the Medical Arts Building if he can suggest a Neurologist there. I'd like to get an Ultrasound...maybe even a Duplex Carotid ultrasound of my Carotid arteries while i'm there. Maybe no need for an MRI or CT scan...but I thought I'd ask you just in case you did find out something! LOL.
    Thanks for your replies. Don

Oh! For those members who might incorrectly associate this hospital visit in Cebu to the horrendous, terrible lower back pain (Sciatica?) I had a short while ago, no, this has nothing to do with that. The "Faith Healer" seems to have taken care of that problem just fine, thank you! (God is Good!)

10. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    PatO,
    I've now just returned from Cebu - Chong Hua hospital - and did their "Executive health Check Up. ( ALL results very good - "FOR MY AGE".) LOL!

I did not get a MRI or a CT scan of my lower back to check on that extremely severe lower back pain I suffered with last year. - ALL gone now!! (Thanks To The Lord)

Were you able to get your MRI results - and who, and where, the doctor that "read' your MRI was at?
    Just wondering...Oh!! One more question. Another member said he he got his results of his full body bone MRI scan back the same day...??? Could it be a different type of MRI ? I guess yours was of your head? Could that be the difference why you needed a doctor in Cebu to read your scan? What-cha think, buddy?
    Ayo ayo = Take care
    Don
    Thank you for your kind help, and response.
    Ayo ayo = Take care.
    Don