Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness MRI at Provincial Hospital

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, Mar 13, 2012.

1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Don, I did receive my MRI report and photos. The report was written with Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital logo with a Mary Jo Sarino-Alphonso M.D. Radiologist name on the report, so not sure if she is the one in Cebu or did the reading of the photos or merely the one here who wrote the report. No idea in Cebu where the reading occurred, I assume it was at a provincial hospital.

My MRI was of the complete cervical vertebrae which covers the area from the skull down to the thoracic vertebrae. Perhaps my cost was a little lower because it was isolated in the neck region and not the complete bone structure. As for why he received his the same day and I had to wait 3 days, it could be because on mine they were checking for vertebrae, disc, and soft tissue damage, or because this is the Philippines!

2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    some clarifications

I just want to note that mine was bone scan to see if my prostrate cancer had spread to my bones. It was not a cat-scan as far as I know. I am not totally intelligent on the different scans...thank God. The results were positive. The results were the following day at 3 PM....not the same day. There has been no fees for reading the report yet. I read it myself as it was in simple English...simple enough for me. There was some degenerative changes in both shoulder and knees, I am not sure what that means, but I am wondering if riding a 125 motorcycle around these bumpy roads had something to do with that issue. I had never had a bone scan done before.

3. Vincentius

Vincentius DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is just about what cost us when we took our daughter to see if there was a crack in her ankle bone which the X-Ray didn't show. There sure was.

4. Vincentius

Vincentius DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wanted to add: the cost was justified.

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    And the final prognosis is?

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I could use a cervical spine transplant.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Get me also one, maybe we get group discount. And a velcro, for easier exchange in the future

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    In my case, the new neck transplant would probably reject the body.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. rayzer

rayzer One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    There are no MRI clinics operating in Dumaguete.
    Prov is broken
    Med Center doesn't have
    Allied has but not licensed
    not open either
    Depending on the seriousness of the condition Manila is the best option because there is a lot of equipment available at different hospitals.If something breaks down they can send you to one of the other hospitals.
    Cebu I don't know?