Dumaguete Info Search

Bacolod Much better drivers in Bacolod

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by SurfinUSA, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Thanks Jack!

2. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Bacolod has much wider roads and less concentration of the tricycle...So lots of room for more to happen with ease and its so spread out that every one doesnt have to go through the same central hub while coming from any of 4 direction around town..Wide roads make all the difference... dumaguete is tight fit between the mountain and shore..Only major overhaul and displacements can ease the clots..

3. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Hello Surfin

You have got to be kidding??? I live in Bacolod and have for about 2 years, did you say better manners??? No way , the only manners found in the traffic here is from me, I will point out some major problems here, traffic lights, the jeepney drivers move off before the lights turn green an accident waiting to happen, the jeepney just pull out after picking up passengers, they stop on corners waiting for passengers, they just stop in the middle of the road to pick put down passengers, when you get a green light at an intersection the mongrels play hopscotch on the other side of the intersection leaving you stranded in the middle of the lights which are now red. The LTO sorts them out while they are there but the next day same old same old.
    Traffic lights – green means go amber means keep going red means keep going until you have a jeepney stuck in front of you and can’t keep going.
    Traffic lights again, when waiting at the traffic lights to turn say left, some clown pulls up beside you in the oncoming traffic side so you have 2 cars waiting for 1 lane, then traffic on the oncoming side has to get around said idiot.
    I see no difference from any city here, if I didn’t enjoy driving and have some fun out there I guess I would just walk lol
    You know how to fix up the jeepney driver that just pulls out ? Stop beside him and let him miss out on the passengers he was racing for, the other jeepney driver in front just got them all lol.
    The only thing that s---s me about the tricycle drivers in DM is that they have that big roof thing which sticks out about 400mm more than the bike, that is a bit intimidating, don’t like the idea of a big scratch on my fortuner.

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Filipino's generally are excellent drivers, but terrible motorists.

5. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    brian aussie knows a lot more than me about Bacolod driving...I've only driven there a few times...otherwise get a vehicle and driver from a relative...But...those wide roads do give a lot more room to escape the idiots. Most of Bacolod is very easy to drive in my opinion, and I've driven all over the planet. IF you want to drive in an area where evolution hasn't caught up - try the Middle East...any Arab country will do. Back in Bacolod the Libertad area in Bacolod for example is an excellent place to collect dents for saving a few pesos on the food bill...Around Riverside Hospital ( or Pablo etc etc hospital) it gets very busy and you need your wits about you....mainly in the morning. Good news is no trikes downtown....bad news is the jeepneys are still there...Still not too bad...better than Athens..LOL...

6. OP
    OP
    SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don't know about dents near Riverside,but there was a SUV with bullet holes parked in front of a Greenwich Pizza place up the street from Circle Inn. I went past it more than once before I noticed those weren't stickers-they were REAL holes!

I only drove in Bacolod while on my way out of town and I never had to dodge anyone at all on my motorcycle.

Couldn't have been better..