Dumaguete Info Search

Murder of foreigner in valencia.

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Normal for all murders in the Philippines, local and expat. I know you didn't suggest this but it isn't some conspiracy against foreigners, it is just how things work in the 3rd world where the police don't have the resources to complete a proper investigation and where justice is still largely dished out through extrajudicial means and then pushed under the rug.

The average expat generally isn't going have any sort of justice carried out for them since they don't have that clan support that the locals do. (Even if you are married you are not going to be a full member of the clan. If any revenge is taken out on your behalf it is likely only for the loss of monetary resources the clan suffered from your demise.) This is the reality of living in a 3rd world clan based society. If you can't accept that you should probably look elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Even I agree with you Rye, I have knowledge of Filipino with influence who take the part of foreigners. Foreigner was subjected to attempted robbery and told it to his friend with "power", the bad guy gets told, if you do anything like this again, you will be hit by a garbage truck in the highway, put inside and disappear forever, and that no more happens, was only because the foreigner don't want to make to much harm.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  4. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    @Outcast, Please substantiate your statement. To your knowledge, when and what was the last activity on the case?

Unsubstantiated conclusions are not helpful.

Murder charges were filed:

6. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    You just substanciated all anyone knows. Murder charges take many years, and seldom produce results. if you were expecting some kind of results in just a year you are in the wrong country.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You are shifting the goal posts a bit here.

You said that "nothing" had been done. Obviously something was done since this thread was started. The 4 suspects are likely sitting in prison waiting for their day in court. The percentage of people sitting in prisons that haven't been convicted of the crime they are accused of is around 70%. These guys likely aren't running around free. I can't say for certain but the chances seem quite high as they, given the nature of their crime, seem like d*psh*ts from poor families that can't afford to post bail. With many crimes you can serve the entire sentence without ever being convicted while you wait on your court date.

• Informative Informative x 4
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    When you have finished war-faring electronically Mr R, train as a lawyer. You have the mind for it.

I am serious Mr R - really.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1