Dumaguete Info Search

My 3 yrs stay is almost over

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by vonmark, May 13, 2020.

1. vonmark

vonmark DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hi there! My partner's 3 yrs stay in Phil. as a tourist visa end this coming Sept. 13,2020 . Is there a way that he will not exit first just wait till lock down is over.. He is from US. The US embassy offer a flight back somehow he has no one or nothing to go back too.. can any one suggest if there is another way? Waiting for any suggestion. Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    He must take the time and get to the Immigration office to inquire. Every thing can change in 24 hours at this point. They have said that there will be no penalty for over staying at this point, but that was when the Offices were closed due to ECQ. Get him down to the Office, better to be safe than sorry.

Having said that. He does not have to go back to USA. To exit must be for over 24 hours and can be Singapore, Thai Land...........any nearer Country. Due to Covid, a quarantine period may be awaiting and thats 2 week stuck elsewhere. If his passport expires within the next 6 months, have it addressed. Having said that,,,,, If Offices are closed, no worries but if open, get there. He will have to get in anyways soon as there are exit requirements. If he owes money here, he can be kept. If he can have a medical reason not to fly, he can remain in some cases. If you can get a senator to sign for him to be a Citizen as he is a marvelous contributor etc (not likely) but possible, he can stay. Good luck to you and yours, Welcome to the Forum

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  3. OP
    OP
    vonmark

vonmark DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you so much for the info..

Supposedly this is his second exit. Last 2017 he went and stay in Malaysia for 24 hrs. The problem now our border is closed so if he will stay in Malaysia it will take so long to come back.. If we will based it on his health do we need a lawyer and medical certificate for this?!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    If the medical condition relates directly to or concerning (the inability to fly) than "yes" take a letter from a Doctor to Office stating such. You may be asked for 2 Doctors opinions if they have any doubt. Again............ as all is sudden change in these times, best to get to BI Office. Cheers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    He should explore every option to avoid leaving the country. As a tourist, he would not, at present, be admitted to re-enter. Even if any airport were functioning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    vonmark

vonmark DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ok thank you so much. Hoping by Sept. Travel Ban is over.. Well try to focus on health issue and ask for an advice for a lawyer.. Any suggestion for an immigration lawyer or any lawyer will do we will just go to the Hall of Justice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    The best place to start would be at the BI. They make most of their own policy. In Dumagete I have always found them helpful.
    I avoid the bi in Cebu because there is one b#_$&+d that always has his fat dirty hand out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Is he still in business. I thought they had got rid of that Baxxxrd.

9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I had an accident on a motorbike and was not able to travel, staff in the immigration office was very helpful, think this is the standard procedure, you write a letter why you can't travel, your doctor signs it and it will be sent to Manila, where the standard is they give you 3 months and if you are still unable to travel you do same again and get another 3 months. Go to the immigration office in Dumaguete they will guide you on how to make the letter, good luck with it

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Why not marriage?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1