Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: My 3 yrs stay is almost over

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I had an accident on a motorbike and was not able to travel, staff in the immigration office was very helpful, think this is the standard procedure, you write a letter why you can't travel, your doctor signs it and it will be sent to Manila, where the standard is they give you 3 months and if you are still unable to travel you do same again and get another 3 months. Go to the immigration office in Dumaguete they will guide you on how to make the letter, good luck with it

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 1,093
    He must take the time and get to the Immigration office to inquire. Every thing can change in 24 hours at this point. They have said that there will be no penalty for over staying at this point, but that was when the Offices were closed due to ECQ. Get him down to the Office, better to be safe than sorry.

Having said that. He does not have to go back to USA. To exit must be for over 24 hours and can be Singapore, Thai Land...........any nearer Country. Due to Covid, a quarantine period may be awaiting and thats 2 week stuck elsewhere. If his passport expires within the next 6 months, have it addressed. Having said that,,,,, If Offices are closed, no worries but if open, get there. He will have to get in anyways soon as there are exit requirements. If he owes money here, he can be kept. If he can have a medical reason not to fly, he can remain in some cases. If you can get a senator to sign for him to be a Citizen as he is a marvelous contributor etc (not likely) but possible, he can stay. Good luck to you and yours, Welcome to the Forum

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,413 / 1,264
    The best place to start would be at the BI. They make most of their own policy. In Dumagete I have always found them helpful.
    I avoid the bi in Cebu because there is one b#_$&+d that always has his fat dirty hand out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    He should explore every option to avoid leaving the country. As a tourist, he would not, at present, be admitted to re-enter. Even if any airport were functioning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +765 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I think I also met that guy briefly when I got my EC last year. Telling me BS about "ah that might take some days". I just ignored him and waited for the guy really in charge, no additional "fees" paid.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,030
    Blood Type:
    A+
    He got F... all from me when I did my 13a permanent visa two years ago. The fat cnut.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I had the same experience with that guy, and several friends told me he scam them from 1-5000 peso for nothing, I walk away there are other places to renew the visa
    His favorite number is exit clearance, some people feel pressure, he knows how to "help you"

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  8. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    He was suspended for 6 months, then transferred to the airport, he is back in Cebu BI now..

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The one I refer to used to hangout at Robinsons on various days but had an office in the old BI in Cebu. He got set up by an American I believe and was caught in his office accepting the bribe resulting in his dismissal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 1,093
    If the medical condition relates directly to or concerning (the inability to fly) than "yes" take a letter from a Doctor to Office stating such. You may be asked for 2 Doctors opinions if they have any doubt. Again............ as all is sudden change in these times, best to get to BI Office. Cheers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1