Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info My Experience Dumaguete BOI January 2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by DumagueteJohn, Jan 28, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He didn't reference any third party. He told me "for you".
    He didn't tell me where to go for photocopies.
    He told me only "When you return, you will need photocopies of three pages from your passport."
    He left it up to me, and I appreciated that about him.
    The three little bookmarks in my passport were for MY benefit.
    But your point is well-taken, I understand what you mean, and thank you for sharing !

2. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    So in the end let us know if it was for the benefit of the girl next door LOL

3. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Broadside, How the girl in the travel agency know witch pages to copy if they were not marked is she part of D I , maybe I missed something.
    I go early before the T.A is open and have to go over to the news agency across the street I don't think she would know witch pages to copy
    cheers

4. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pages you need:

page with your picture and data,
    remarks of issuing authority (pages may vary between nationalities)
    Last arrival in the Philippines
    last waiver and extension entries (stamps) since last arrival

5. OP
    OP
    DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update: ex231 :smile: In the end it was the travel agency next door who got my ten pesos for the photocopies! I had the bookmarks in place but I also showed her what I needed photocopied. Everyone benefited maybe, a win-win-win in and around Dumaguete BOI today.
    However: I did not end up with my visa on the same day.
    The lady looked at my paperwork, all filled out in advance, photocopies, etc. She looked them over for only fifteen seconds. She then told me "It's 3140 pesos for the two month extension". I gave her the money, she stapled it to my papers and asked me "Can you please come back tomorrow afternoon for your passport and visa?"
    I said "Sure, but can I have some kind of receipt for the cash payment?"
    She said "Yes", and stamped something on a post it note, wrote the info, and gave it to me.
    I said "Salamat kaayo." She said "Thank you", I said "Bye" and I got up and left.
    There were no numbers handed out.
    The guard was the one moving people around in the seats so that they were served in proper order.
    I was in and out in five minutes.
    Tomorrow I will go to pick up my passport/visa.

Of note is that there was no need for me to have my ACR card at this one year point. My original entry into the Philippines was Feb 13, 2013, so this particular extension worried me a bit, especially without the original ACR card which I lost a few months back.
    But the photocopy of the ACR info page in my passport sufficed.
    I also brought a copy of the original receipt from my purchase of the ACR card, but it was not requested.
    So in my case, I'm very pleased so far, as I was expecting alot of hassle over the lost ACR card.

6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    The whole procedure described in the afore mentioned posting sounds standard and familiar for me. What I don't understand and will ask for this afternoon when I get back my passport with another 2 months visa waiver is the overall fee of 3140 peso they are charging now.
    I checked my previous visa waivers of the last couple of years (still have all the bills etc.) and the fee of a similar visa waiver was only 2830.
    I will not discuss the express lane fee. Don't know what is the meaning or understanding of express in the PH as only a name to charge more when applying for a visa on a Friday and have to come back on a Tuesday there after next week to pick up your passport.................

7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I was just in BI Duma on Friday and talked to Rey from the Cebu office. He said the 3140 was for the renewal at 4 months but renewals at the 8 and 10 month times were only 2830. Other than that my experience was the same as mentioned. A good experience considering their computers had been down earlier in that week.

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I was at BI yesterday to see if I could do my once a year report for my 13A visa. then back today for the answer? guess what? after 5 years on record paying every year here, I have to go to cebu tomorrow to have more fun in the Phillipines!!!!

9. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Me too, me too! Going tomorrow, too!

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    ....... and therein lies a practice that is frowned upon, and very strongly advised against, by all embassies. You should not, under any circumstances, leave your passport with anyone, or anywhere, and be told to come back later to collect it. It should be in your possession at all times, unless it is being scrutinised by an official in your presence and then handed back to you. Naturally, you have to hand in your passport in order to get extension visas entered, but if they cannot do it while you wait, then you leave all the paperwork with them, including Xerox copies of the relevant pages, plus the fee, and take your actual passport with you, returning with it when they are able to stamp it. You leave your passport in the unsafe custody of others at your own risk.