Dumaguete Info Search

my recent driver's license renewal experience

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by kelpguy, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Not so much difficult as inconvenient, when you go to convert you will have to take the test. (written and Practical) This is part of the new rules they brought out. Do it now and as it is only a short while expired you may get Lucky. Locals can renew for even a 2 year expire But...........................:banghead:
    Best of Luck mate it can be a nightmare:thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My life story mate, everything seems to travel Drama Avenue first before solving itself, problem is trying to memorise for the test as I have a short term memory problem when it comes to the written word/reading things, and having only driven LHD Cars in Oz on the Left side of the road without a drama, driving here (Practical test I assume is a driving test?) amongst the crazies in unfamiliar terrain with changing one-way-two-way streets is a worry for me, my original plan was to drive from Zamboanguita to Robinsons where I would catch a Tricycle to complete what it is I need to do then drive back home from Robinsons along the National Highway until I gained a better knowledge of the Cities Streets...

Thanks for the reply mate :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    My pleasure. BTW the link is to a review of actual questions on the written Test, have go at it. Most of it is common sense but some you will need to reverse for different side driving, best of Luck
    LTO written exam reviewer: English version | Pinoy Driver

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Turns out you were right, I meanwhile got mine also, didn't even have to wait long at the LTO office.

5. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I took it THREE Times before I got 100% BUT WTH??? :wideyed:

This question pops up TWICE which caught me out;
    (LTO Q.02) "Which of the following best describes the Picture"?
    Then again; (LTO Q.01) (This is the one one threw me the first two times) Condradictive in that it clearly shows a ~> RIGHT Turn THEN a <~LEFT Turn in the image, but states the answer as; "DOUBLE DANGEROUS LEFT CURVE AHEAD" :wideyed: Whaa???
    Because; you have the option of; C: Double Dangerous Left Curve Ahead
    BUT; In the results it states: "The sign warns of a DANGEROUS DUAL CURVE AHEAD" Arrgghh!! :banghead:

NOW PREPARED!! :sneaky: hehe

Attached Files:

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :hilarious: You and me both caught on that one, When it came up in the test I just reversed it, you will note they go of at an angle, whereas the Dangerous curve one is more Flat As I said, most are common sense but this one has been reported I hear, the other one that got me was the wheels into or outwards on parking on a Hill, where there is NO Curb but......... I passed, so it's all Ok with me now

7. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Oi? :wideyed:
    There are MORE Questions that aren't on the LTO Questions page? I took all 48 thinking that was it, so there are MOOORREEE??? :inpain:

I would question that one mate because (here in the Philippines) IF you are parked uphill then you would turn the wheels to the Left... IF parked on a downhill grade you would turn the wheels to the right, so that in each case if the parking Brake failed then the front wheels would run against the gutter to stop it from rolling out into traffic... That is the problem, sometimes a simple question is not as simple as that to answer... :facepalm:

8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I just double checked the images and both have identical pictures... :o o:

So AT the LTO they have different pictures to what is on the Online Page? :o o:

9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Yep mate the Page is a Tester of Random Questions that are thrown out only 5 mins before you take the test. No 2 people get exactly the same test as it is computer generated. You get 40 Questions (Multi choice as the review page) 10 of which are on Road signs You have to get 30 right to pass.
    Best of Luck Brian.:thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    *Groannnnnn* :grumpy:

With the "Practical" I assume you need to go for a drive, I do not own a Car yet but would like to have a Licence so if I hire a car for a day I can drive, does the LTO provide a Car to drive to go for your test or do you need to supply your own Car? Catch#22 is if I need to supply a Car it means I will need to hire one then drive it unlicenced to the LTO... I am sure THAT would impress them... :o o: