Dumaguete Info Search

my recent driver's license renewal experience

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by kelpguy, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    They are different in that the ones at LTO (You can go see them in the Old Exam Room to the left of the Windows) show a definite dangerous Double Curve more flat than raised and the Right and Left ones are staggered upwards but I just got it fixed in my mind if There is to be a miss, on score this is where it will be I tried to google the PI Road signs but they always come out Small. Maybe you could have a look there.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Of the 80 sign boards given as "traffic signs in the Philippines" I have in my many years of driving here seen maybe only 4 or 5 of them, many of them posted wrongly, obscured or so high up you can not see them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    I went in at 2pm Friday to the Robinsons branch to get an early renewal as I will be away on the actual renewal date. Medical and drug test done in 15 minutes. Went next door to LTO and within a couple of minutes had pic taken and OR in hand. Told to come back at 7am Monday for licence. Turned up today at 6.40am and place was already up and running with about 12 people sitting inside and one with the encoder. I handed the encoder my paperwork, including xerox of travel ticket and was told to take a seat. Two minutes later I was called to the encoder and ten minutes after arrival I walked out with a new 5-year licence. One of the few benefits of being a senior!!! Result!

• Like Like x 6