Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Myocarditis Following Immunization With mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines in Members of the US Military

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The logistics of singling out foreigners from the general population for special treatment is way too complicated and would breed contempt among the locals.

The VA is here as a result of WW2 because the Philippines was a US territory then and the Filipino soldiers were entitled to health care. The VA effort here does not happen in other foreign countries.

The Philippines is being very fair and vaccinating foreigners at the same free cost and priority as the locals.
    J&J is a one shot vaccine. It reduces the logistics by half.

The US is assisting with 3 million J&J (in addition to other contributions) for the Filipino and expat population.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1456599/3m-us-donated-jj-covid-19-shots-to-arrive-in-july

• Like Like x 5
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's P8k just with the flight and hotel. Add taxi and food and I'm likely going over P10k. Then there is the risk of being quarantined on the return. Maybe they don't require it today but what will the rules be tomorrow? What will they be next week? What if they lock down all travel to the province? What if I catch covid during the travel and test positive? P10k could quickly turn into P100k or more. The rules here are changing too frequently and the cost that could be acquired from those changes is just too great to make plans to travel out of the province. I will look into some other options locally first.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The only problem I have is that the source is J&J! I was especially concerned when they wrote "We believe that our vaccine offers ....". If I trusted in belief I would be going to Church every Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    If you end up going to the US for a vaccine, as you've often said you will if left with no choice, see if Novavax is available. It is not mRNA, it is made in America, and it has high efficacy. I think it will be available in the next two months.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Just received a phone call from Dgte health dpt…offering inoculation this Saturday at Robinsons. It’s Sinovac. Asked if there was another vaccine available…she said not at this time & I could wait for another vaccine and if I changed my mind about getting Sinovac to call her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Because it is the "Veterans" Affairs office. Their main purpose is to provide medical (and other) services to veterans. It is a service that has not been earned by every US citizen. Feel free to message the embassy and see if they care enough to help out (I doubt they do).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Why only reaching out for assistance to veterans, why not expand assistance to apply to ALL US Citizens? Why not request the VA Manila, AND the US Embassy Manila to provide assistance for ALL US Citizens living abroad to have the same access to vaccinations as our fellow citizens at home have instead of limiting just to vets? Why limit to J&J? I would be happy with any of the 3 FDA EUA approved vaccines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Latest message dtd 6 Jul 21 from VA Clinic manager…

To: VA Manila (RO&OPC) <vamanila@va.gov>
    Cc: Manila COVID Vaccine <manilacovidvaccine@va.gov>
    Sent: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 8:21:01 AM GMT+8
    Subject: COVID-19 Vaccines at VA Manila for Enrolled / Non-Enrolled Veterans

Good morning,

I hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th of July Holiday weekend. We are excited to begin our 2nd round of vaccine appointments for Veterans today.

We are reaching out to you because you previously registered with the VA Keep Me Informed Tool atwww.va.gov. We want to ensure you were aware that VA Manila is offering COVID-19 vaccines at this time to enrolled Veterans, and we will begin scheduling vaccine appointments for non-enrolled Veterans starting tomorrow, July 7, 2021. We still have a lot of available appointments, especially on our mass vaccine clinic days on upcoming Saturdays and Sunday, including:

Saturday, July 10, 2021 08:00 – 15:00

Saturday, July 17, 2021 12:00 – 15:00

Sunday, July 18, 2021 08:00 – 15:00

Saturday, July 24, 2021 08:00 – 15:00

Saturday, July 31, 2021 08:00 – 15:00

Sunday, August 1, 2021 08:00 – 15:00

Saturday, August 7, 2021 08:00 – 15:00

Please consider scheduling your vaccine appointment on one of these weekend appointment days so we can fully utilize our staff, and so we can save weekday appointments for those who will already be coming to the clinic for another healthcare appointment. Traffic is also much better on the weekends, especially if you are traveling from central/northern Luzon.

If you’d like to receive a COVID-19 vaccine from VA Manila, you can schedule an appointment one of three ways:

1. Call the VA Manila Outpatient Clinic between 8AM and 3PM. Our Phone Number is: +63 (02) 8550-3888, Press Option 2 for the Outpatient Clinic, then press Option 3 for COVID-19 vaccine scheduling. You can also call VA Manila toll free by dialing #MyVA (#6982) from any Smart, Sun, or Globe mobile phone.
    2. Send an email with your preferred date and time to ManilaCOVIDVaccine@va.gov. Please include your full name, last 4 SSN, address, cell phone number, and your preferred date and time. A member of our staff will book your appointment and confirm via email.
    3. Use MyHealtheVet and send a SecureMessage to your care team. Please include your full name, last 4 SSN, address, cell phone number, and your preferred date and time. A member of our staff will book your appointment and confirm via email. Once your appointment is booked, you will be able to see it as an upcoming appointment in MyHealtheVet.

At this time, VA Manila is only scheduling Veterans for vaccine appointments. We are not yet able to offer a vaccine appointment to spouses and caregivers. The SAVES LIVES Act requires that VA prioritize vaccinating Veterans ahead of other covered individuals. I appreciate your understanding and patience.

If you have further questions on COVID-19 vaccines, please contact VA Manila by email atManilaCOVIDVaccine@va.gov.

Thank you. We look forward to seeing you for your COVID-19 vaccine.

Dan

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This is an informative study. I trust it more than studies done on and self reporting from the general population in the US. Far more structure and integrity in the military, more reliable medical data and you don't have to be too concerned with military personnel not going to the doctor due to the financial burden. This eased some of my concerns about the heart issues with mRNA vaccines.

• Agree Agree x 2