Dumaguete Info Search

Naturally Negros

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Wrye83 submitted a new Showcase Item:

Naturally Negros

Naturally Negros is a business dealing with sales of fresh vegetables, mango, quail eggs and pork products from our farms. It works to generate income for the deaf, thus the vast majority of the workers are deaf.

The income generated by Naturally Negros pays the workers salaries, the expenses of the farm. Any additional proceeds go to support the various ministries of its mother organization - Philippine Immanuel Churches of the Deaf, Incorporated (PICD, Inc.). Ministries include dormitories for deaf school aged children, individual child sponsorship, Deaf pastors/churches and a Bible College.

To learn more and see a full list of products visit:
    http://naturallynegros.wix.com/philippines

Address:
    Room #104, Lupega Building - Dr. V. Locsin Street, Dumaguete City

Phone: 0936-809-9593

Website: Naturally Negros - Home and Naturally Negros, Philippines - Farm | Facebook

Read more about this showcase item and view photos here...

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  2. Doug Clutton

Doug Clutton DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Doctor of Audiology
    Manga, Mayabon, Zamboanguita, Negros Oriental
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hi .... our ribs are often sold out, but generally they are not what is pictured above as "baby back", but contain lots of meat above the ribs and some fat for flavour - skin is removed. If we have no specific order for baby back (just the bone with a bit of meat between), then we vacuum seal the entire rib length with meat/fat/no skin as for our regular wholesale buyers. Usually about 1 kg packages result. We can do baby back - especially if we are making the Canadian Bacon., but not when we are making pork chops as they would be included with a chop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I just took at look at the place today after my last failed attempt to find it. Some nice looking stuff in there and plan to head back with my lady when we have a chance soon. Felt fairly embarassed though at first talking to the deaf workers assuming one of them wasn't deaf as I figured must be hard supporting customers w/o being able to speak. Then after figured it out still finding myself talking while using my hands to try and ask questions, but hey I got my questions answered so all good.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Sending the guy out to go door to door is a good idea. Bought three packages of sausage (Italian and Thai) from him. Hopefully he comes around West Balabag, Valencia again.....because I'm too lazy to leave the house to go grocery shopping. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I'm impressed with the wide variety of high quality products there and will be stopping by more often, It's very easy to find if you have downed a few beers and going to the BI.... As you stagger down the dark tunnel you are sure to bump your right shoulder on the correct door. ......LOL........

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The door to door guy stopped by again yesterday (he is coming by weekly now). Bought some belly bacon (along with some other products I've yet to try).....best bacon I've had in the Philippines!

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    My tuppence for what it's worth: -
    Sandwich ham, too thinly sliced for me, nice smokey flavour though.
    Canadian bacon, okay, could do with a thicker cut, in my opinion.
    Breakfast pork and Thai sausages, unimpressive for my family's tastes unfortunately, despite high recommendations from American expats here.
    Still prefer the smoked loin bacon, ham, sausages, Danish salami and pepperoni from 'another local source'.

8. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I went there a few days ago (after BoI) and bought sliced ham, Cajun and Italian sausage. So far the ham has been excellent and the wife even loves it.

9. Doug Clutton

Doctor of Audiology
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just an update from Naturally Negros. Due to some animal husbandry concerns, we have discontinued (hopefully temporarily) our hormone free chicken, goat milk and cheese products. We continue with our selection of mango preserves, pickles, sauerkraut etc and of course our ever popular pork products. Drop in to see us! Thanks to everyone for all your support of our efforts with the Deaf.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Doug Clutton

Doctor of Audiology
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks to all the wonderful people who supported Naturally Negros over the years! Sad to say we closed at the end of May, 2020 ... so all that remains is some herbs, lettuce, quail eggs and chicken eggs which are tended by the 3 remaining Deaf workers. Pick up product only at the "pilot site" in Zamboanguita. Past the center of Zamboanguita - over 2 small bridges, turn right at the gas station at "crossing Bancolutan" and proceed 3.2 km up the hill to a blue set of houses on the left side.

• Thanks Thanks x 2