Dumaguete Info Search

Need info about buying a vehicle in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by ex231, May 28, 2013.

1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Motorcycles choices

The Honda tend to be smaller frame size bikes with smaller wheels also, almost scooter size except for the 200 series. The 125 series would be appreciated by a lady as the frames are smaller and there are also automatics. If you are large frame man yourself, the Yamaha 125 Ybr is very popular with the foreigners. I believe it is primarily because of the slightly larger frame size that fits the foreigner better. It also seem to have a better capacity if you have to go off road than the 125 Hondas. Expect someday you may have to go off road (forced off) by the local drivers.
    Since most motorcylces owned by natives are not maintained, including removing the air filter to let in more air, along with all the dirt thrown up on the roads, it is probably better to buy new, and know how the bike is maintained. There are some China made bikes here, and some people have had good luck with them, and some have had bad luck. You may want to ask the question here about specific brands.
    I rented a motorcycle, about 200 P a day, trying out the different models available when I first arrived. I was not able to rent the Yamaha 125 Ybr, but found a guy at the mall who let me ride his in the parking lot for a test.

2. Miss_broki

Miss_broki DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :smile:Hi ..since you never mentioned what will be the purpose of purchasing a multicab ...how about a brand new car that is very affordable and hassle free since it has a 5 years warranty /100kms and Hyundai service center in Dumaguete . In Hyundai ,there is the car named Hyundai Eon 0.8 L m/t available in GLS and GL variant. It is a Subcompact hatchback .The prices are 470k for GL & 530k for GLS. Guest what? Until June 31,2013 ,there is a big!! big !! discount of 55k ..Final Price will be 415k & 475k ... Plus a very fuel efficient car good for day to day use...with the consumption of 26kmsper liter long distance driving and 20 Kms per liter city driving( depending on driving condition) . if buying multicab plus motorcycle will cost you a total of 300k to 400k why not consider this 5 door subcompact cars?? if u are open for financing, the down payment will be 39k only for gl with monthly of 9,262 ( 60 months) . For eon gl down is 51k only with monthly of 10,444 ..it is a limited offer !!! Just contact this number for further information And if you want to check out this car ....09173298039 and look for Miss Broki.. Tnx for reading ....

Attached Files:

3. Miss_broki

Miss_broki DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My advice is negotiate with the car dealers in Dumaguete if you are planning to buy a brand new cars as they will most of the time offer you more or less the same offer with Manila price plus freight and handling...These will save your time ,effort & money . One thing to consider as well, travelling brand new car a long distance is very risky decision ..

by the way I sell brand new cars how about give mE a call to give you more info of our products ...tnx. ..09173298039
    or email me at miss_brooki@yahoo.com. ...tnx for reading

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Driving a car long distance (not really long distance if you check the actual milage) is not risky at all....just very boring. Well not really as the roads and drivers here will keep you occupied on the task at hand. There are some scenic areas along the way as well. I quite enjoy the ride, especially in a car.

Can you explain what is risky about the drive that is not anymore risky than just driving around in town?

5. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Thos reminds me of my old Mitsubishi gt, bought it new and just released from the dealer for a couple of days. Though we take it for a test drive so decided to go for a road trip to dumaguete. Got in that PNB intersection and some reckless driver in a ute smashed my car, didn't have any problems driving it around Cebu city but got hammered in dumaguete, just my luck I guess LOL

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I agree with this 100 percent. I had been driving Honda wave around forever and think my spine has compressed a couple inches from the crappy suspension and crappy roads here. I'm about 100kg and was getting, on average, 1 flat tire a month from bottoming out the thing in pot holes (even bent two rims). Not to mention it looks like I am riding a child's toy while on it.

I ended up getting a great deal on a 2010 Yamaha 125 from someone looking to leave fast. (I paid 30k for it!) I was going to take it back to dumaguete and sell it for 55-60k. After riding it to Dumaguete from Bacolod I decided not to sell it. Decent power for the size of engine (better than the Honda and suzuki equivalents I have driven), good off road capabilities, suspension handles me well (but not when a girl is on the back), great fuel efficiency and can hit 100kph if i really lay into it. Best "overall" motorcycle I've driven here. If forced to pick between my CBR 1000RR and the YBR I would choose the YBR here.

7. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Having an accident far away from home is, if not risky, at least inconvenient, not having buddies around helping out.

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Having an accident here is just as risky, even with friends around. All a foreigner friend can really do is offer moral support if you kill a filipino in an accident. You're screwed either way. And Dumaguete is probably one of the worst places to have an accident with a filipino. There is a strong mindset here that foreigners are always at fault. Stronger than most places as the majority of the population here has received support, directly or indirectly, from a foreigner at one point or another. We are their cash cows and less respect is given here than in most other cities in this country. Do I expect preferential treatment? When you treat me like an ATM and give me absolutely no respect, absolutely I do.

(sorry, just woke up, in a bad mood)

9. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Then I guess it's better to send in my Filipino friends. Besides, sometimes moral support is worth a lot too.

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's best to be wary of filipino alliance to a foreigner. Favors owed are only paid while it is beneficial to the local. Once sh*t hits the fan (you hit a prominent filipino) you can bet your sweet @ss they will go running for the hills and leave you hanging. If a lawyer you can bet they will charge you out the @ss while doing nothing and you lose the case anyways. Use the favors while you can, it won't last. It's a one way street here.

I could care less about moral support, I want to win, not be taken to the cleaners. Hearing, "oh, that would have never happened in our country" means absolutely nothing.