Dumaguete Info Search

Need info about buying a vehicle in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by ex231, May 28, 2013.

1. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, but I wasn't thinking worst case scenarios only. I was thinking like, if you are laying in hospital with a broken leg and you worry about how to get cash out of the ATM, where your MC is, etc. Then it's nice to have friends around at the bed side saying, "No problem, the bike is taken care of, we get cash for you" etc. etc. (and yes, I'm talking about trustworthy friends here. Those I would dare to give my ATM card and PIN to. If you don't have them, don't bother giving a stupid comment like 'You can't trust anyone here')

2. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I take offense to the comment about Filipinos not being trustworthy. Just like any place else there are good and bad people. If you hang around with bad people they are not to be trusted. I hang around with good people and I trust them. I have very few long nose friends in PI and many filipinos that would do anything for me, not because they owe me or that I'm their ATM but because they are friends and are trustworthy.

I like Filipinos and thank them for allowing me to be in their country. I understand there are shortcomings just like there are shortcomings no matter where you are. If I don't like someone or someplace I stay away from them or there, it is as simple as that.

What I really don't like is negative people regardless of who they are and I stay away from them.

An attitude of gratitude and thankfulness goes a long way.

Dean

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A good attitude does go a long way while dealing with locals. It doesn't change the fact that around 70 percent of the population are un(under)educated turds though. If you like to overlook the fact that this is indeed a 3rd world country, and the reasons why it is one, then that's on you. It's not being negative, it's just calling a turd a turd.

4. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Unfortunately Dean many people have tendencies to only look at the negative aspects of people of different culture other than their own. They tend to criticise more rather than they appreciate these indifferences. I believe that if one can just try to understand and respect each other's difference then your on the right track.

Each one has a different mindset because we were brought up by different families, went to different schools just our idea of the world is different as well as their way of life. Thats why it frustrates me how people love to rant about how they are surrounded by idiots (filipinos) and some people here just talk to them like a piece of dirt which disgust me because not everyone had the chance to have the opporunities of what others here have. Been sent to good schools and brought up from a good family and a good life sadly, only few of the filipinos have these sort of life.