Dumaguete Info Search

Passports Need some help with wifes PassPort

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by horizon155, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That would be the Spaniards fault. I don't know of any US government or military office that does such nonsense. That's Filipinos making sure that they can justify as many government jobs as they can. We only had the Philippines for about 50 years, the Spaniards were doing their thing for over 300.

I don't think they would need it if they were getting married in another country though. (I wouldn't recommend anyone to get married in the Philippines. Always best to do that overseas.)

Someone might want to inform the DFA of their own rules then. :rolleyes:

2. OP
    OP
    horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    yeah no visa is required for filipinos in thailand for a 30 day stay. But DFA and CFO both insist.. Commission for Filipinos Overseas.. hmm

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Something tells me here that this is her First passport. Am I correct Horizon?

My daughter and my Wife have just renewed their passports and there was no mention of the CFO But, many Years ago, Azon did attend a seminar, since then it has just been Interview, Check My Details pay and on your way. Passport in 10 to 12 days by Post.

BTW did you make inquires at the Agents as was suggested.

4. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    yes for a filipina to get a passport is a long hard process.......my wife got hers from the dfa office in Cebu last year, involed camping out at the dfa at 2am in the morning waiting for allotted numbers............I think about 600 numbers but about a 1000 people waiting............then the office opens later for processing.........and then the fun begins...........my question here today is............my wife has her maiden name on the passport now and would like to change to our married name................can that be done in Dumaguete and where............??

I have started the 2 month extensions before xmas but next year am thinking of takeing a trip to Thailand and comeing back together and trying the 12 month balekbyan visa and we need the same family name on our passports

5. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    When my wife changed her name on her passport to her married name, several years ago, there was no where in Duma, so she had to go to the DFA in Cebu. I believe the DFA intends to open an office in Duma at Robinsons, not sure if that has happened yet.:smile:

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    The DFA in Dumagute is still not Open so Sandy, you will have to go to Cebu.

7. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I would go to bacalod we got one same day , its not crowded there make sure all your papers are in order you can get a list from the tourist office in Quezon park.Ring them in bacalod to make sure their is not a holiday there we dont know about cgeers

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Changing your Wife's name to her married on on her Current passport can be an Adious Job. For no good reason, they ask the most ridiculous Questions including Why and where she wants to go. Best ( Which is what we did) is wait until she renews and then Apply in her Married name, Less Hassle and this they seem to understand. New is New, Changing seems to give them a Problem

AS to the BB issue maybe a phome call to the BOI will Claryfy but as long as you have your Marriage Certificate and she has all her ID's a Different name on her Passport should make no Difference. After all you could have Married in the US and she would still have her maiden name on the Passport.

For me Married is Married regardless of a name. but..... a quick Call to the BOI will sort things out I am sure.:finger:

JP:wink:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Thanks fella's for your replies, I was hoping to avoid going to Cebu but I will be taking my wife to visit her family in Cebu the next few months so will visit the dfa there on one of the trips.

• Like Like x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  10. gord

gord DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor

businessman
    Ratings:
    +155 / 13
    • Like Like x 1