Dumaguete Info Search

Need to travel

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by motormouth, Jun 15, 2020.

1. motormouth

motormouth DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I am currently in quarantine and need to leave Dumagute immediately as soon as it ends. I don't want to travel to an area where I must be quarantined on my arrival. Does anyone know if I can travel to Bacolod or Cebu City, with the proper papers, and not be quarantined when I arrive there? Thanks

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think you best bet is to catch a flight out of Dumaguete. Check with the embassy to see when the next one will be available.

3. OP
    OP
    motormouth

motormouth DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I need to get an exit visa and from my understanding you can't do that here. I need to visit immigration anyways, and I prefer to leave Dumagute immediately. I just can't take another quarantine

4. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Don't go to Bacolod, you face quarantine there too. Maybe we have flights out, I know Manila has some international flights leaving. Are you talking leaving the country or just Dumaguete?

5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    Check with the BI. I heard you can catch up your Visa at the airport.
    Best you double check that.

6. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    She stated again as of last Wednesday, the 12 month rule still. Meaning if you are here less than 12 months, you can do an exit clearance at Manila in the airport on your way out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The last time I looked into getting out, I went to the Provincial Tourism office and they explained the process to me. As part of that explanation, they told me the Dumaguete Tourism office was running the "Sweeper Flights" show. Evidently, even if you don't schedule it through the embassy, you can go there and arrange to be listed for the next available flight. People that contacted the embassy of their country will bump you, but "space available" seems to happen often.

8. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The exit visa requirements have been loosened. You may be able to do everything at the Manila airport. Check with the BI.

Rarely there are flights out but they require an onward ticket to a foreign country in advance.

Currently the ferries are running. Contact the ferry terminal where you are going to ask if they require a quarantine. I suspect there is no quarantine required in Manila but please check first.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Shawn44

Shawn44 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    this is just concerning catching up on ur visa. I renewed my visa non express for the dates march 15 to july 15 . No penalty. I did this last Wednesday. I arrived at 530 am got number 13. If anyone does take a flight out to USA...plz post .. i see only 3k usd flights available

10. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The flights announced by the US Embassy were $1,200 usd Manila to California and $200 usd Dumaguete to Manila.

Give the US embassy a call and see if there will be any more flights.