Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info Neverending Story

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Nutz2U2, Mar 12, 2016.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    I worked in China for a while, the first time i was leaving i had overstayed by 5 days due to an oversight by the agent we used, i got a severe reaming at the airport but i was still allowed to leave and return again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Has anyone applied for their ECC lately? Is it still 72 hours before leaving and good for 1 month? And does the dumaguete BOI still do it if the travelier is over 6 months and less than a year?

3. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I haven't applied but I asked them for the form last week when I was there as I will be in country 8 months when I leave. The consensus of the workers was closest BI that processes ECC is Cebu.

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    As mentioned in other threads the ecc is not needed from the bi offices if you are here between 6-12 months and can be got at the airport of departure,eg Cebu or Manila.
    If over 12 months you will need to go to a bi office in Cebu or Manila!

5. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    Yes, corruption should always be encouraged.

If in fact they do actually make sure you're not on a watch list/wanted whatever like it says on the paper, then a ECC is redundant, stupid, or both.

Not a chance in hell you could sneak into the Philippines and then all is well, no need for pesky BI visits, aid is available as well as free medical care.

6. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just been in Singapore, visa run, ECC in Cebu, travel by bus stay hotel in Cebu, bus take more than 7 hours both ways, then terminal fee 750 peso, I know that, then travel tax 1620 peso, never heard about it, but maybe just me. Its f*cking only Philippines who charge you like that to leave the country, lol

7. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    I have taken the bus to/from Cebu many times, never has it taken anywhere near 7 hours. Usually 5 hours or thereabouts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes around 5 hours is schedule, but from 4 pm to 11.30 pm is 7 hours and 30 min from Cebu to Dumaguete monday 13 june, same 7 hours and 30 min from Dumaguete friday 11 june 5.30 am and arrive Cebu 1 pm, just the fact and another time 7 hours, maybe Im just not that lucky

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wildcat

Wildcat DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    The last time I went to the US the only thing I was asked was"How much money i was going to declare" I told the lady, she stamped my passport and off i went.

10. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I agree that while staying in the PH as a tourist it is easy to renew your visa up to the maximum allowed period without leaving the leaving the country.
    Even more friendly should be an option to be offered to obtain a one year visa in your home country before your departure to the PH @their embassy or consulate. Like for Thailand.

• Agree Agree x 1