Dumaguete Info Search

New airport proposed for negros oriental!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DavyL200, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That article is based off of a court case against a person and the City of Mandaluyong. The actual law is RA 7160. Eminent Domain is covered in section 19.

Section 19. Eminent Domain. - A local government unit may, through its chief executive and acting pursuant to an ordinance, exercise the power of eminent domain for public use, or purpose or welfare for the benefit of the poor and the landless, upon payment of just compensation, pursuant to the provisions of the Constitution and pertinent laws: Provided, however, That the power of eminent domain may not be exercised unless a valid and definite offer has been previously made to the owner, and such offer was not accepted: Provided, further, That the local government unit may immediately take possession of the property upon the filing of the expropriation proceedings and upon making a deposit with the proper court of at least fifteen percent (15%) of the fair market value of the property based on the current tax declaration of the property to be expropriated: Provided, finally, That, the amount to be paid for the expropriated property shall be determined by the proper court, based on the fair market value at the time of the taking of the property.

Reference: http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra1991/ra_7160_1991.html

The law is pretty vague but appears it has been clarified by several court cases in the Philippines judicial system. If you think this might concern you it would be highly advised to seek professional counsel from a Filipino lawyer.

It also looks like they go off of what property value you report to the BIR....I could see this as a way that the government screws people. Better get your paperwork to reflect the true value if you see this coming your way.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Couldn't agree more, Always good to check each year that you property is in the right BIR Zone for value.
    Azon checks each January when she pays the property tax at city hall. First she contacts BIR for updates on the Zone to see what changes have been made, in 2012 they moved us up a zone without telling us. Their Bad!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    For years there was talks about a new (international?) airport by Tanjay. Now for years there will be talks about an airport by Bacong.
    Believe me, nothing will change. The airport stay's where't is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Quite right too.The Devil you know springs to mind as well here.(Maybe the New Airport and SM will arrive at the same time) [Me, I am too old now to worry about either]:oops:

JP:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466

Whilst out fishing on the kayak, no fish and bored and there just happened to be a flight coming in! Most of the newer modern jets are pretty quiet so I don't think there would be a noise issue and as it stands now no night flights allowed and can't see that changing very quickly.
    The jet wash nearly had me out of the yak though :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Dave, I hear ya Just, but being out on the ocean when an Aircraft is approaching is a big difference to being in your garden with a few friends having in beer when one comes over at say 500/600 feet and engines up ready for the reverse thrust less than 2 mins after

We have just been talking about the noise level of motor bikes at 83 max decibels. These buggers are producing 100 to 140 db. that is not good for your hearing at all.
    http://www.industrialnoisecontrol.com/comparative-noise-examples.htm

I have linked a comparable noise level sheet and the possible effects of it. Now I know this is not Heathrow or any other big Airport we are talking about but to me this actually could be worse. Constant noise over a period will get better but in this 5/6 off's and in's per day will I am sure upset a lot of daily life in that area.

Only my opinion but having lived under Flight paths and almost next door to a Airport it is a considered Opinion none the less.

As I say JMHO

JP

8. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Jack personally I would rather hear a dozen jets or so than several hundred idiots on scooters with these silly boy exhausts thinking they are sports bikes!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    The best area is that plateau over at Siaton... if we agree with the US Navy survey of long ago. Connecting with Tambobo Bay, that is a very strategic location.

• Informative Informative x 1