Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: New Airport - Shelved

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I just wish they would stay to the right of the roads so people driving at reasonable speeds could easily get around them. Not that anyone else does that, there is absolutely no point to 4 lane highways, or even wider 2 lane roads, here other than having a parking spot the entire length of the highway.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    Yes i notice a lot of Motorbike drivers seem a lot more interested in what is going on at the roadside than the road in front of them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Not any more its not especially around this area. Maybe pamplona or sta catalina you will find at that price.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  4. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    It's the Filipino mindset, if they are not in a hurry they don't care if anyone else is, i got used to it a long time ago and just overtake them on the inside if i can.
    It's the really slow motorbikes that get me, it must take great skill to go that slow and not topple over.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    The Chariots are an absolute boon for delivering to places with narrow access. Has helped us much with our property refurb. You can't expect western vehicle standards and speeds on the road system here. It's horses for courses.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, but i you are a septuagenarian bicyclist like me, peddling past one of these bring "chariots of fire" music by vangelis through loud and clear to my ears, like it was yesterday! great for the ego! tho i fear one of these days i won't be able to resist raising my arms in triumph as they did in the movie, then no doubt crash. before your time i think mr rye. a little silver lining in every cloud!

• Like Like x 3
  7. contrail

contrail DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    From day 1 the "New Airport was never going to be" it would have never meet international IFR, MSA minimum with Mt Tinus so near, same as RPVD. Also known as Sibulan-Dumaguete Airport. Just look at NOTAMS and other area operational warnings and restrictions. Been saying this since day 1.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Driving too slow can cause accidents, so is driving too fast. I have learned to live with it.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Only in the Philippines as they say .... All I can say is learn to live with it. Who is in a rush anyway. We're all retired !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    And some of those slow drivers seem lost, looking for a side road that is almost hid. Either that or they have had too much Tanduay.

• Agree Agree x 3