Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: New BDO Policy on foreigner checks

1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Actually, not really true. Only once in a while do we see people at USA supermarkets and other stores holding up the lines as they write personal checks (and balance their checkbooks etc.). Personal checks are becoming a thing of the past, replaced largely by debit cards and credit cards. The check writers tend to be elderly but there are a few younger people who cling to the old ways. Most employers pay salaries by direct deposit except, for McDonalds for example, where 16 year olds work less than 40 hours. Most govt reimbursements are direct deposit; for Pat the checks were more of a backup due to a failed direct-deposit attempt. Some of the poorer members of the community and illegal immigrants in the US don't have (cannot get) bank accounts, debit or credit cards due to lack of, or poor, credit scores so they often use checks and even have special check cashing establishments in the poorer and lower middle class neighborhoods. Checks and cash are their only option. We haven't refilled our checkbook for at least 5 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Here is a post where I describe how to use an App on your phone to deposit the check.
    https://dumagueteinfo.com/board/threads/i-think-it-is-a.57501/#post-224141

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1