Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Best Posts in Thread: New car poll

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have to be totally honest; Neither. Let me explain...

Back in Oz I worked on Cars for a living, had done since the mid 70's until coming here in 2014. I found Mitsubishi to be okay in the main, but mechanically they had inherent problems with premature wear to the Rings and Timing Chains, also Cooling issues with some weird designs on ill placed bypass hoses etc which when blown needed the head removed to get at them (think similar to the early BMC bypass hoses on the heads) and once removed, the alloy heads needed to be overhauled before refitting with the rings crapping out soon after refitting. Overall if you bought one cheap enough, then drove it until it broke, and then bought another using the old one as spares, okay, but as I found (mainly Sigma's/ Magna's and Colts) was that you were forever spending money on the motors, pains in the @ss!

KIA; Cheap Korean offerings from past experience watching friends buy them back in Oz, especially regards electrical issues and very hard parts supply, a friend would buy them cheap as chips in a state of disrepair, repair the wiring issues and on-sell them ASAP before he had to spend anything more on them after learning that they were a money pit if you owned one.

There are far better makes in my opinion, Ford, GM, Nissan, Hyundai, Subaru, Toyota etc to be had. But do your research before buying, as not all of the better makes are without their problems, especially if you are buying at the lower end of the scale.

*Edit: Mazda also have a very good reputation and many I have known back in Oz with one have never experienced major issues... Just a thought. :wink:

Not knocking your choice in cars, just stating why I would not buy one of those you listed in the Poll... Good Luck with your future purchase. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018