Dumaguete Info Search

New cebu to santandare ferry

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Feb 21, 2018.

1. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Ah...your car drops you right at the gangplank as they are untying the boat! Nice!

And nice for you, too, is that your ferries are never delayed like airline flights. Also, very lucky!

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That is the one thing the ferries from Sibulan do right. When it is busy they run faster and put on extra schedules, unlike the planes. So yes, it is very lucky, or just unlucky for the poor people taking a plane and getting stuck at the airport all day because one of the Philippine Airline flights got a flat tire. I've never seen a flat tire stop a ferry. Oh yes I have. They have flat tires along the pier so if the ferry bumps into them it stops

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I wouldn't have expected them to give an answer due to their professional discretion, but they know.

The governor of the province flies into Dumaguete/Sibulan on frequent occasions and it would be surprising if he didn't mention the state of the airport to his entourage within the hearing of the stewardess and other interested parties. Pilots might not hear all the gossip but the stewardesses can, if they are interested.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I may consider myself as a rather frequent user of the RoRo ferry between Sibulan and Lilo An and yes 9 out of 10 they are on time. More particular in case of some delay it will almost not exceed more than 10 minutes. Wish I could say same about all the domestic flights I did use since 2008.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1