Dumaguete Info Search

new city mall

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by charlyB, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    *Sigh* There are so many threads about Dumaguete traffic and parking and so few about the new City Mall that I keep hoping every new post in this thread is going to tell me something about City Mall. I should know better.

I ride past City Mall every day on the way into town and it looks like it is going to be so convenient for those of us on the North Side so I am starting to get excited because then I won't care about you poor b*stards stuck in the downtown traffic. LOL LOL just kidding :cigar: I will still go downtown sometimes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    How right you are but it seems to be a close played thing from them,
    Apart from what I have been Told ( and that is mainly hearsay) I doubt if many or any of us know anything Concrete, to Post about

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :meh: Then why even look?

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Simple answer: In the past DI was filled with factual info related to the topic at hand. Old guys like me tend to live in the past. Plus I want to know about City Mall.

I already know about traffic and parking. Its why I walk and take tricycles. Which reminds me of a new topic which I shall post here Review - I am kuripot now

5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    We live not too far from City Mall. At a lunch last month, someone's brother had been hired and was told to report 15 May, i'm guessing for setting up a space. Seems premature, but i'm sure the work is all inside now, setting up spaces. August seems to be a possible estimate. As for traffic, watch Cangs down the road. (oops, wrong thread <grin>)

• Like Like x 1
  6. juanachange

juanachange DI New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 5
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'm not sure if they are going to be opening soon. I heard the contractor of the building was sued.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. silverbullet

silverbullet Ring Ring. Who's calling? Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +76 / 14
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Don't expect to get a parking spot as there are only enough spaces for the shop keepers. The road congestion around there will be horrendous when it's finally opened. They seem to think all shopping Malls need to be located on the main highway (for visibility), makes no sense to me. There is so much vacant land here if you look.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    CITY MALL OPENED ON (the latest schedule) TUESDAY, AUG 8 at 3pm, fireworks and the whole bit... We took a look wed afternoon. Food court; jollibee, chung king, coffee kiosk, a few other forgettables. An Ace Hardware (nice, at least as big as handyman, lots of light bulbs, Star Appliance, Bong Bong, i think a BDO branch. A "Rodeo Drive" (huh? yea i know beverly hills)...

SM Grocery Store OPENS ~Oct 8 (scheduled), Cinema same. Not sure of sizes of either. Traffic horrendous, but no worse than Cangs down the street..

9. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I noticed on their Facebook page they are advertising mall hours of 9 to 9. Hope that is accurate. I never understood keeping a mall closed until 10 am and then closing it again at 8 pm as I have seen at another mall here.

10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    That's a letdown. The food court appears to bring nothing interesting. I was hoping for something that I missed from home.