Dumaguete Info Search

New Dumaguete Regulations Effective Monday 5/11

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by shakey, May 8, 2020.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Strike 1

2. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    if this virus is dangerous as they say, we will all die here in the Phils. why do I say that? me and asawa have been for some reason going to a lot of offices / government agencies the last days. everybody is wearing facemask - hanging like a bib from the chin. I mean, if even the government employees ignore their own regulations; what can you expect from the rest of the population? observed in the rural area, to be fair, Duma town seems to be more consequent. no outdoor activities allowed? beach is frequently visited, also children an seniors, no facemask, no distancing. a big lockdown but the normal citizens here ignores all the rules. my only hope is that the mortality from the virus is not that high, and as long as there are no really terrible outbreaks in the squatter areas of Manila and Cebu , I get soothed. btw, watch out for your vitamin D level, there seems to be a correlation between a low D level and dying from Corona.
    https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40520-020-01570-8

[​IMG]

3. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    This is the exact same conversation the misses and I had yesterday including the lawless environment in here which we live. People cannot even follow temporary, possibly life saving rules. I no longer fear this virus, I fear the inevitable. With lack of common sense of those around me, inexperienced politicians making knee-jerk actions, followed by subsequent re-actions, I truly believe we have a rough road ahead when there is obviously no local strategy in place.

San Miguel, help us all....

4. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Has anyone seen the new style so called 'easy pass' yet? Is it actually happening? Didn't go out yesterday - what checks are going on at the big stores?

5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Dgte City reverted back to the Red/Purple passes as the easy pass. Only one resident is allowed to go to the store on their allotted day. It is the same as EQ. (hmmm. Actually I have not tried to go to the store on a different day.)

Areas from the North are allowed in M-W-F. Areas from the South and Valencia are allowed in T-Th-Sat. I assume there is a road block that only lets people through on the proper days.

Does anyone know if there are roadblocks and what is the procedure?

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Dgte checkpoint coming from Bacong checking passes this morning.

7. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    I haven't tried to go on the wrong day, but yesterday (coming from Sibulan) they didn't stop me to check my pass, but every store I went into did except Greenwich. These wouldn't let me in without showing, Novo, LP, Uymatio, Uni.

Yes, the wife had a list and I haven't been out in a while.

8. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have been in Dumaguete going from Bacong this morning, what I observed the only check some, I was not stopped and the same Saturday 9. May, of course, you wear a mask, no matter if you in a car or on a bike, and helmet and shoes on if on bike, no flip flop

9. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    So that's why it's called an 'easy pass'. Easy for them to do nothing to replace the original ones.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just get an easy access pass today, if you wonder how I can go Dumaguete before I get an easy pass (previous post), I have special permission to visit my dentist.