Dumaguete Info Search

New Dumaguete Regulations Effective Monday 5/11

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by shakey, May 8, 2020.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    If the province extends the ecq or gcq to the end of May, and my guess it will happen, I have to wonder if it would be because the province receives funds from the central government if they are on quarantine, and hence, have funds to play with or distribute to ..... Just saying as I see no rational reason to keep N.O. In lock down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    You may be right about the money, and there is no reason NegOr, Siquijor, and Bohol should be on this quarantine. It may mean more funds for Cebu City.

3. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We will await the rules coming out of our 'enlightened' ones this week. Manila yesterday placed us still under the GCQ. Not one case in almost two months. Negros Occidental and all of Region 6 are in a No Quarantine, even though both Negros Occidental and Iloilo had reported positive case just last week. The reasoning for us, we are in Region 7 and Cebu is a problem.

If the good Governor keeps everything in place, then he might just as well stay home and let Manila and Gov Gwen make the decisions for him.

I remember President Duterte calling for Federalism. These actions out of Manila are as far from Federalism as can be, it goes back to what many in the Provinces called "Imperial Manila".

• Like Like x 3
  4. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Actually, Negros Occidental is under quarantine until May 16.

Additionally, the governor is asking the Inter-Agency Task Force that the province be placed under general community quarantine (GCQ) until the end of the month.

He is concerned about the lack of local testing.

They suffer the same issue Negros Oriental suffers in that it sometimes takes a long time to get tests back from Cebu.

Here is a link to an article stating the facts:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/12737...laced-under-gcq-until-covid-test-lab-is-ready

• Informative Informative x 3