Best Posts in Thread: New German bakery in Valencia

1. Mom Miriam

Mom Miriam DI Member

Pandemic-Surviving Oma
    Ratings:
    +209 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hallo from a Filipina oma! I found this new and small bakeshop cum snack bar called Ludwig's German Bread located along Jose Romero Road in Barangay Bagacay, Dumaguete. It's between a Cebuano Lhuiller pawnshop and a 7-Eleven store, just after Mandaue Foam building and far across Lee Plaza Hypermart. Open daily 6AM~10PM, except Sundays 9AM-6pm, the snack bar serves hot or cold drinks, salads, sandwiches, sausages, and pasta. The bakeshop sells various healthy grain breads and Italian pizza to take out, and these are usually sellouts. Last week, there were Mother's Apple Cake, Apple Pie, Blueberry Cheese Cake, and Strawberry-Pineapple Cake - no sugary icings and could be baked with half the sugar in the recipe for sweetness is just right, just like how my German daughter-in-law bakes her cakes. This week, there are Christmas loaves of Dresdner Stollen, Marzipan Stollen, and Quark Stollen. To inquire or to order, call +63 35 422-6168. Cheers!

• Informative Informative x 4
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    they have had a staff issue the last few days and now open again since wednesday

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. sandycreekg

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    sorry dont have contact details, dont know the number there but here are some pics of the menu, drinks list and bread types and list and pics of the place itself

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Dark rye and potatoes were basic food in my childhood, happy if I can get that no matter where I am. Bakery in Valencia had 2 owners, different point of view on the business, so they closed it. The girl/woman who makes the bread was selling it on Valencia market on Sundays. She has 7 weeks holiday abroad, so no bread in the Valencia market on Sundays for now. I buy my dark rye in Dumaguete and happy with that, good quality of bread the also sell a few other items, salami, jam with no sugar etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. sandycreekg

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    went to the german bakery again today and they are selling home made smooth peanut butter, took a bottle home today as well as a long baguette multigrain and had the peanut butter on the bread and both were great

• Like Like x 1
  6. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I agree with you, been there several times, just to find it closed. Sad because its delicious bread

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Been in there a couple of times now and bought some whole meal or rye bread rolls which were all good.
    I talked with the girl up there and if anyone wants anything specific it best to order in advance,they will have it ready then. The stock gets low pretty quick.
    0926 4651 086 for orders

• Like Like x 1
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    image.png German bakery

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks all. I will definitely check this place out next time I am in Valencia (probably tomorrow, Sunday for the market). I despise the sweet Filipino bread and really enjoy a good loaf of bread. Currently I have been getting them at WhyNot Deli (Chicco's) but so is everyone else and if you don't get there early you are S.O.L. Gota check this place out. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nutz2U2

Nutz2U2 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Earmarked for further evaluation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1