Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing New Motorbike fees

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Lizard68, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Lizard68

Lizard68 DI Junior Member Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I plan on buying a new bike soon and intend to pay cash. Can anyone tell me what the typical fees are for tax, title and registration here or what are their fees?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Show Pony, Dec 31, 2022 (4 points)
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Best Answer
    When you buy a new motorcycle from a dealer it will have the Cash Sticker Price.
    The price includes taxes, registration certificate and one year of registration.

It can take a couple of months for the Dealership to get you the CR (certificate of registration (ownership)).

4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Are you talking about a scooter or a real motorcycle? If your buying a Scooter, (any scooter under 150cc) you would be looking at about 5 to 6 thousand pesos for the areas of concern you mention. Best advice is get a Car. I know that many Foreigners own a scooter, but that is just not wise. Philippines is notorious when it comes to scooter accidents.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  5. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I reckon it might speed up the process a bit if you insist on withholding the registration fees until you get the CR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    I think for many, it is an issue of cost - although some like the excitement of two wheels.

But logically, of course you are correct. In many situations: Four wheels excellent, three possible, two and you're f*cked.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. OP
    OP
    Lizard68

Lizard68 DI Junior Member Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Thanks all for the responses... I'm just initially needing some relatively cheap transportation for now... hate to spend money on a lot of gas just to go to the store for eggs and such. Bike comes in real handy for that and doesn't soak up the gas budget. Car or small truck is definitely in the plans in the future.

• Like Like x 1