Dumaguete Info Search

New motorcycle registration

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Ezek20, May 6, 2017.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    This is great information. I just want to see it work. It has been my Philippine experience that there is one rule for the law books and then there is the way the way things work. Has anyone had things work the way the law in your post suggests? I would love to hear that experience.

Be sure and let us know how that works for you.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    It is up to the Dealer and they are just Slow at handling things but this Law thing is in our Favour for once
    I had the Car Serviced last week (Tuesday) and told them ( The Dealer) I was not impressed with the LTO and only Partial Registration of the Car now over 6 months old
    They (The Dealer gave me the usual Story) But I had already heard about the Law thing from our niece at Toyota and Told Suzuki I would use it (Thank you Ezek for putting it up on the Board about the law) Last night we had a text from Suzuki to say they now had the OR and The CR (Which you need to drive a new car on the Road) So off I go this morning and collected it. Low and behold the dealer had been Fined for Late Registering but only 800 peso. They told me that the Fines rose very large after March when this new issue came into Being. Now I have the Official CR ( Conduction Record) I can drive without a worry paperwork wise. They also said that they only Register once a month and this is I believe why there is such a backlog at LTO Why not Register Daily what was sold Yesterday? BUT as usual, stamped all over it is Stickers? and Plate not available So I am running around on the now Official Conduction Temp Plates and Tomorrow, new Temp Plates that bear all the information to stop LTO or PNP Bothering me.
    So as we can see it can be done for Cars and I guess motorcycles but you have got to push this Law thing under the Dealers Noses as often as you can or else attract Fines.

Note, the CR is a Record of the vehicle and acts as the LOGBOOK, under any construction and use Law the Police/LTO can tell if the are any unreported Changes. ie; it carries the Make, Year of Manufacture, Model engine number chassis number, colour and all the usual things found on a Log book

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We bought a brand new Yamaha MIO from the dealer just past the bridge under repair and were told to come back to pick up the new plates, each month when making payment my Wife asked if her plates had arrived and they told her "Next Month Ma'am" until almost a year later when they told her it would be one year and as soon as she made the 12th payment the plates would be available for pick-up... Sure enough on the 12th month after she made her payment and had her service completed they gave her the new plates, why they needed to BS and say when we bought it that the plates would take a month following with the same story every month following I do not know, but they also told us "No need to display Plates, as long as you carry your receipts and paperwork in your box to show you are the owner and it is registered waiting for plates if you are ever pulled over, no problemo"... We did that for a year, and were never pulled over or looked at even when riding through the check points.

4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    I'm laughing a little about this. Was the 12th payment the final payment? When a vehicle is bought via a loan the dealer should register a chattel mortgage on the vehicle. The CR will be issued with "ENCUMBERED" on the top left corner.
    Maybe the dealer wanted to save a few pesos by not registering a mortgage. They probably had the plates and CR all along and didn't want to give it to you until they had all their money.
    I did have a funny experience helping my brother in-law buy a used car from a young lawyer. The lawyer could not produce the CR but he had a photocopy "ENCUMBERED" had been whited out. The car was registered in his mothers name but she and the original CR were not immediately available. If I recall the mother had a motorcycle accident and was bitten by a rabid dog as she lay on the ground dying.....or something like that(, she lived). In any event my brother in-law paid cash. A week later the CR was available with a letter from the bank discharging the chattel mortgage.
    When I got home I told my wife I knew there was some crap going on. All she said was "don't worry honey he won't rip up off, we know where he lives".

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No still have close to 2 years left to go on payments, but considering to up the ante and knock that off sooner rather than later... :wink:

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Watch out for the early Settlement clause Brian, it can be a little expensive considering what you might save :bag:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    It is highly doubtful he will save anything. Every contract I havce looked at, if you pay it off early you still pay the full interest on the entier term of the loan.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    For cryin' out loud what ever happened to the days of paying out early or paying extra payments to reduce the interest, do they even have reducible interest loans anymore? I thought doing it this way here would help to establish a "Credit Rating" after a year or so making regular payments as such for my wife like I did when I was younger and starting at the bottom, but have since been told here you do not even get that... :banghead:

9. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We are definitely not in Kansas anymore...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Not in the Vocabulary Brian and if there was, it would be out of Stock.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5