Dumaguete Info Search

New Pasta King Location

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by PatO, Nov 14, 2020.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,530 / 1,016
    Tried the new Pasta King for lunch. Still some construction going on, menu the same, take out ok. Located in Fatima Village by The Henry (old South Sea Vilkage), same phone number

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Is it a foreign owner ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

3. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Can you be a bit more specific about the location please? What's 'The Henry'? Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,530 / 1,016
    Sort of hard to explain, hard to find. There are two ways to go. One is past Harolds Mansion, look for small sign on right (ocean side) saying The Henry and turn right on small road. Other go past HayaHay and Tiki and turn left on GSIS road then first left and again first left and Pk on left. Like I said....

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Way back there were 4 hotels in Dumaguete.. Dumaguete Hotel which was where GSIS moved into years ago.. South Sea Hotel, Almar and Santa Monica,, that was it as far as i remember.. and also Panorama in Sibulan..

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. bgingo

bgingo DI Junior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +24 / 1
    found this on FB

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Thanks. That's a way out of town compared to the previous city centre location. Presume the one opposite the now closed Ace Logic, corner Sta Catalina/V Locsin store is now closed?

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Way out of town? Isn't it less than 1km from the city center and the next barangay over? It seems a lot of business are moving in that direction. Personally, I think it is a good thing as I despise getting around the city center.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,530 / 1,016
    Closed

10. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I went over there last week for lunch when I found the center city location closed. Since the South Sea Resort was the first place I stayed in Dumaguete back in 2012, I was a bit familiar with the area (but it is a bit off the beaten track.) The original South Sea Resort closed years ago and has since been demolished. I stopped at that old resort location and talked to the guard since it appeared there had been a lot of work done there. Evidently South Sea is reopening this month with brand new facilities. If it is similar size to the pervious incarnation, it should give Pasta King a nice sized clientele of tourists when they are finally able to return post-vaccine. Pasta King was still under construction but open for carry out and delivery. Since I was there (and a "regular"), they let me sit at their one table away from the work and have lunch. Same menu; same staff. Glad to have still have them around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1