Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa New Price Tourist Visa

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by mirohu, May 9, 2017.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Dumaguete has been unable or unwilling to give ECCs to tourists for as long as I can remember. They have insisted I go to Cebu at least 3 days before my flight to be sure of getting the ECC in time. So now it means I do the same thing but go to BI twice. Once to drop off passport and once to pick it up. I shall continue to follow the rules, no matter how inane, until I no longer wish to be a perpetual tourist in this country :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Remember my 'test run' to Hong Kong in December? I was here 11 months that time and paid p500 at NAIA Terminal 3 for my ECC.

On a tourist visa, under 6 months in country no ECC, 6-12 months in country ECC at airport, over 12 months in country is when the need for added trips to obtain an ECC kicks in.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Yeah but I'm not a rich 'Merican who can fly out of the country every 12 months :deadhorse:However I used to do that when the maximum we could stay on a tourist visa was 16 months and at that point I thought it worth it. Now its easier on the budget to only worry about it every three years.

4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    hahaha got ya. and 2 day trips to Cebu is better/cheaper than staying?

5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If you are referring to the 13a Visa I am sure I was told by the approving Officer I needed to renew in 5 years after being approved... :o o:

Without doing the Math, I know I would rather fly to Cebu for a 'Holiday' every 5 years to renew my 13a Visa than fly in and out to another Country or renew my Visa monthly at the local BOI... :wink:

As a comparison; for myself and my wife to fly to Cebu the first time, then myself, my Wife and Daughter to fly to Cebu the second time, and pay the Agent and authorise another to do most of the footwork on my behalf both times, stay at a nice Hotel and pay for food for a week, do a little sight seeing and whatnot set us back under 70,000php for both trips, which I expect will rise maybe another 10k in 5 years time... I think it is worth it. :smile:

6. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Since you bring it up, I put it to you to do a cost comparison between the cost of staying in cebu for 3 days once every 3 years (for the purpose of ECC) with the cost of flying out of the country and back plus buying an exit ticket plus paying for any vacation expenses while out of the country once a year for the additional 2 trips to do it annually. Hmm. I think I know the answer but show me and I may rethink my budget.

As for the member who mentioned the 13a, that is a personal choice that has its pros and cons, beginning with a marriage. Many or us are perpetual tourists.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Princeton

Princeton DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 13
    last time ecc in cebu immigration only took me about 30 min...has this changed?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If it were possible to get an ECC in Dumaguete it would be much easier to go with the flow. Having to sit around Cebu or Manila for 3 days can get expensive.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Nope, not what I meant. Problem was pain distracted reading of your post, my fault. I thought (incorrectly I see now) you were saying if BI in Cebu was going to take 3 days you would go to Cebu twice, once to drop off and again to pick up.

I see now you meant go to Cebu early, drop off at BI, stay a couple days, pick up at BI, then fly out of Mactan. All one trip. Which is why my question sounded, I am sure, pretty dumb.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Quite true but you can use an accredited Agency if you have time, there are some in Dumaguete, One upstairs from the BI and would save you from sitting and waiting

• Informative Informative x 3