Dumaguete Info Search

Marriage Visa New requirements for Form 13-A permenant residence visa

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Show Pony, May 24, 2013.

1. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    I read about this new requirement on another forum ("Living in the Philippines") when someone in Davao ran into it.

For anyone who's a US citizen, I posted some info back in February on getting a US clearance in the following thread (it's the last post). Don't be thrown off by the fact it's an "SRRV" thread, the police clearance part applies to both types of visa:

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/general-chat/srrv-help-american-11585.html#post1851883225

2. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    It seems like its just for new visas, so I guess I will be ok :smile:

3. OP
    OP
    Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    I was in Intermuros earlier this week.
    The BI attorney confirmed that the Police Clearance from your home country is only for new applicants.
    So that is good news for a lot of folks.:smile:

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Has anyone from the uk tried getting this police clearance or embassy verification?

5. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Applicants of what? Please specify. Thx

6. OP
    OP
    Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    The visa I applied for was a Form 13-A permenant residents visa.

The title of this thread is: New requirements for Form 13-A permenant residence visa

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I think you will find that most of the new requirements have now been quashed as there were too many complaints from foreigners as was too difficult,I think the only requirement now is the nbi clearance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. franky2010

franky2010 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Original copy of Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate where ican get that for my 13 a visa ?? is it the paper i did get with my last extension is that the one ? plsssssssssss help tq

9. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
  10. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Just finalized r-mil traffic about a Police Clearance in my home country (The Netherlands). It appears I need an in-between (luckily i found one) to go to the City Hall with my application, copy of passport and letter of authorization to apply for my "Letter of Good Conduct". Once returned to my in-between, it wil be mailed to an official translator who will get the "Apostille" from the court where she has been registered as an official translator. The documents will then be returned to my in-between by mail (registered). When that is accomplished, both documents (Dutch and English translation) are then mailed to the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authentication and returned (by mail) to my in-between. Then 2 copies of both documents and a copy of my passport need to be send to the Philippine Embassy in The Hague for further authentication. Once that has been accomplished my in-between can mail the documents back to me for use during my application for a permanemt visa. It goes without saying that the whole process is time-consuming, laborious and, most importantly: costly! I assume it will cost me at least 150 - 200 Euros, without compensation for my in-between. The whole process sounds a bit like a slogan the Duth Internal Revenue could use: 'We cannot make it more pleasant, but we can make it more costly!

Just my two cents here.

Vicmico