Dumaguete Info Search

Marriage Visa New requirements for Form 13-A permenant residence visa

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Show Pony, May 24, 2013.

1. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Hi Vicmico, did you have to go true all of this for a new ACR card or a renewal??
    I'm nearly due for a renewal so pls advise.

2. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Hi Mokum,

I'm fresh here (arrived november last year), so it will be a new ACR for me. I'm not sure whether it also applies to renewals - I suggest you take a good look at the website to find out. If you need one too and don't have anyone in The Netherlands that can do the running around for you, it might be a serious problem. I've already found out that the Dutch Embassy is only here to refer you to the websites of various entities but can/will not provide any assistance.

Vicmico

3. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Thanks, I send you a PM.

4. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I read up on this as I will be coming to the Phils next July and applying for a 13a. Newcomers need the background check from their home country. Those who have been here for more than a year; in other words renewing their 13a or SRRV only need the NBI clearance. For those Americans that are newcomers, there is no need to go back to the States to get this. There is an FBI office at the Manila U.S. Embassy. They can process the background check for you at that office.

I'm not certain, but in reading the verbage of the law, it only applies to foreigners that have not been in the Phils for an extended amount of time. I think that if you ride the tourist visa for the maximum two years and never left the country, perhaps a NBI clearance would be all that is needed...Just my best guess...I guess it might depend on who the clerk is and what mood they are in that day...among other variables.

5. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Luckily Larry, the mood of the clerk has no bearing on the issue. The verbage in this requirement is pretty clear and concize and does not allow for personal interpretation. I doubt very much though that your reading of the law is correct. I'm pretty sure it applies to all new 13a applications, so if you've been in country for more that 6 months on a tourist visa + the necessay extensions, you are not exempt of the requirement to produce a Police Clearance / Statement of Good Conduct from your home country when you submit the application.

Vicmico

6. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Vicmico, You've been in the Phils long enough to know that almost everything, including the mood of the clerk or their supervisor can have an effect on almost anything. Example: My friend in Cebu just got (last week) their provisional 13a visa after being here for a year and half..no U.S. Criminal background check. Example: I wanted a drivers license. I was told I had to wait until after I got my ACR card and had a permanent residence. I went to another LTO and they issued me a drivers license based solely on my producing a passport and my U.S. state drivers license. I was able to use a friends address as my residence. NOTHING here is etched in stone.

7. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    and depends on how good you tip them :o

8. OP
    OP
    Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    Does anyone know what is the latest rule?
    The BI website states a police clearance is required.
    Is the NBI clearance only or does my friend need a clearance from my home country.

Two years ago I needed both but I think the rules have changed. Sir Peter at BI told my friend to consult the BI website.
    Any way the latest knowledge would be apprecited.
    cheers

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    According to latest reports from the BOI, If you have been here under 6 moths, you need a Police report from your own Country or last country of residence.
    If over six months just the NBI Clearance But.... It all depends on what the officer taking your details had for Breakfast or if his Wife/husband is talking to them on the day you Go,

Mileage always varies on this and the Web site can not always be trusted to tell the whole Story.

This what I am told as recent as Last Month.

JP:bag: :bookworm:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I think you're right jack about the 6 month rule, after 6 months it's only nbi required.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1