Dumaguete Info Search

newbie here

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by kfv, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfv

kfv DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, kumusta sa tanan!
    I am planning to go to one of Dumaguete's beaches in the next few weeks. I hope this forum can help me in my search of a clean, solitary and safe beach.

2. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Kumusta kfv, welcome to the forum. Can't help you with your query, I'm afraid, but someone here will. Enjoy your stay in Dumaguete.

3. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You may want to try Siquijor Island, the safest so far (once on the island). You have to consider how to reach the Island, though. If the weather is okey, no problem crossing the sea.

4. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    hi KFv, welcome onboard, if beaches and resorts is what you want, then negros island has plenty to offer;

i like to start with, Silliman beach, Boulevard, canday-ong, agan-an, cangmating, ajong, san jose, amlan, bais, dauin, bacong, zamboangita, bayawan,siaton,guihulngan, you got plentry to choose,hihihihih

but it would be nice of you tell your preferences..

5. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    India-One. You seemed to miss the first message of this thread.

6. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Agree, I wouldn't catogorize Silliman beach or the Boulevard as clean or solitary. In fact I am not aware of beaches near Dumaguete that fit kfv's catagory, so I would also be curious to find out.

7. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    kfv
    To your likings for some isolation ( a top up of some given infos earlier ) if you go farther away from dumaguete towards south you can find isolated beaches with some accomodations.Up in Siaton (about an hour fr Dgte )there's the Kokoo's nest ,just value nipa hut very basic accomodations in a quiet cove (if you aren't fuzzy about comfort though), it's out of the dollar resort trails , now manage by a retired brit couple or their care taker who cooks some nice meals.Been there and always quiet , you barely hit the crowd .Used to be managed by our aussie friend Mark and Felly. Kookoo's Nest — Home
    If you head further down the coastal trail might find few quiet beach resorts but haven’t visited them rather went straight to Sipalay (four hours from Dumaguete ) on the eastern side of the island with long stretches of beaches and isolated coves .It has two separate sections where you can find accommodations (sugar beach or the punta ballo).There are some posted pictures of them in the Photo board section if you scroll it down,or you can google Sipalay for some infos and some blog reviews.

8. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    phen and WCH, i precisely miss, but you know what, she can still do it in boulevard, check in at bethel guest house, specifically rooms facing the sea, and inside she can have clean, solitary and safe beach front, hihihih

KFV, you can check in santa monica, south sea or el oriente, im sure these are all in dumaguete

9. OP
    OP
    kfv

kfv DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks to all. that was an enlightening discussion there. and im definitely taking notes, pickled newt. i am not fussy with comfort (basic lang) and i would appreciate the solitude. this would be also be my first time to visit dumaguete so i might as well as see the famed Siliman University, or maybe the poets-in-residence has much to do with that? no matter. i'm going by myself but i'm ilongga so i guess there'll be no problem with the language or getting the sense of direction eh? sa liwat, salamat. now let me prepare for that trip...

10. OP
    OP
    kfv

kfv DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we'll im down to 2 choices: kookoo's nest and the artistic diving. there is not much difference in the prices of their accommodation. each had its charm: kookoo's huts, artistic diving's swimming pool. so final choice would have to be: which is more quiet (assuming both beaches are clean)? anybody who've been to artistic diving? pickled newt already vouched for kookoo's solitude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.