Dumaguete Info Search

Newbie looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dash, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082

Plenty, of cheap places to do this my friend, Unless I knew the place personally, I would never pay for more than 2 nights to start off with and extend after.

Personal account? hardly Business like, most reputable Hotel/Apartment businesses will have a Pay Pal or suchlike Booking and Payment system.

Who wires money, for a Hotel/Apartment Booking via the Internet? This is 2013 and Dumaguete is Internet friendly
    For me, give this a miss, JMHO but better safe than sorry:wink: the owner needs Reporting

JP

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Plenty of cheap new hotels to stay in short term until you find something decent here. Plenty of complaints about Dumaguete Studio Apartments if you look for them...

Consider Villa Priscilla, I believe they are advertisers here on the forum, and good value.

Larry

3. OP
    OP
    Dash

Dash DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Need a clean basic room for around 20 dollars a month and I will need to get a scooter. Dumaguete Studio Apartments seemed like the best deal back when I done my initial research. Any other suggestions?

EDIT* 20 dollars a night

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Check Inn, Novo, Palwa, GoHotel, all are fairly new hotels and start about $20 per night or thereabouts. There is no shortage of rooms.

Larry

5. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Dash specified $20 per month, not per night. There are such places, native huts, available in certain corners of the town. Dirt floor, etc. Certainly he could find such a place around the province, if not in Dumaguete proper. He would not want to own anything of greater value than his neighbors have, or it would be subject to theft.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Better read it again. At first he said $20 a month, then he edited it.

Larry

7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    $20 a month? haa haa..... I will rent out my house and make money... house for rent now... just a joke

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Villa Prescilla - Fully Furnished Apartments

They also have scooters for rent.

Larry

9. OP
    OP
    Dash

Dash DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure if I mentioned this but I need the place to have zero overnight guest policies.

I am a single mid 20s guy that enjoys partying and meeting women. Can't be staying at a place that wont allow me to have guests over.

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Then I guess, Gohotel or Novo are the best ones to try

Most of the others will want you to Register your Guest and I guess, pay for them:p