Dumaguete Info Search

Newbie looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dash, Mar 14, 2013.

1. OP
    OP
    Dash

Dash DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go Hotel looks nice for the price. Hopefully your right and they let me bring guest overnight without registering.

Where / what is the best method for renting a scooter for my stay? How much will that cost me?

2. OP
    OP
    Dash

Dash DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I actually cancelled my Manila Airbnb reservations and decided to book a GoHotel in Manila. During the booking process it ask for the guests name and ID number.

I am about to write down some random girls number and fake ID number. Do they enforce this?

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Try Novo, being a "short time" hotel I doubt they will care about your habits so long as you don't try to bring a girl into a "single" room.

Larry

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Downtown on Perdices street near Steds are several motorbike for rent places. The going rate is P300/day, a little less for long term, and is negotiable.

Larry

5. blahblurb

blahblurb DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dash... I don't know why the owner of Dumaguete Studio Apartments asks you to wire the amount upfront. Usually you would just come here, inspect the room and pay if you like it. The place is legit though and in my opinion much nicer than Villa Prescilla (while Prescilla has a - very small - pool). At DSA you can rent motorbikes in good maintenances for half the price of the shops in perdices street and you can also bring guests.

But if you are staying only 10 days why bother with an apartment? Depending on your standards hotel essencia is supposed to be the "best" in town (for a 1500p/night) but like mentioned before if you are looking to catch up a lot of girls and dont mind living in the middle of the city novo ain't such a bad (cheap) choice.

For the quesiton about callcenters... there is Qualfon and one uhm I think SBI? CBI? Something like that. They have a huge callcenter right behind hypermarket.

6. OP
    OP
    Dash

Dash DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just booked GoHotel in Manila and planning on booking the one in Dumaguete.

However I am worried about the booking with a "guests name". I need to ask around some forums and see what the deal is with that. Obviously for Manila I wrote down a fake name. Hopefully it's just a procedure that they don't enforce.

7. OP
    OP
    Dash

Dash DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well went ahead and booked the GoHotel in Dumaguete along with the one in Manila at Robinson's Otis.

Appears I will just have to have my guests register their ID when they come in. A little inconvenient and embarrassing but oh well. If it is more extreme than that ala no guests other than the one you wrote down on the booking than I will have to cancel. Hopefully they will let you do that. If not im screwed.

I am not sure how the recognize every paid guest and attempt to stop others as they walk in to a the hotel / room.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I think, Sods law, may raise it's head here:D Whatever, I hope all goes well:p

9. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Find a place for $20 per month, and you won't have any problem with guests.

10. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    I must have been living under a rock because I've never heard of registering a guest .. and I've stayed at plenty of hotels. If asked I'd say her name is Jane Doe and she lost her purse.